Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

5"coil on F-75 at Relic Hole

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
5"coil on F-75 at Relic Hole
July 23, 2009 12:04AM
With the new 5 " coil, it is like I havent spent much time where I have been pounding for 3 years. Now the noise from running all out with the F-75 does not bother me at all...After finding the LA Civil War Buckle there my tolerance for the noise shot up enough that I simple ignore it always hoping the next swing will yield something terrific. I am getting several overload signals with the small coil. Have only used it one day. Still hard to believe all the targets that are still there.
Re: 5"coil on F-75 at Relic Hole
July 23, 2009 01:42AM
Brad. Welcome back! And glad that your site feels nearly 'unhunted' again! I don't have a 5" DD..... but, in principle, it should open up new doors. Keep track of the 'count' of additional non-ferrous targets that you find specifically with that little 5" DD.....and keep us posted.

I'm back on the beach again.... and doing fairly well. I am (now) in seek of a extremely high-powered PI..... if I can find one.
thats pretty much what I posted some time back.
July 23, 2009 03:38PM
While the 5" DD does not have the depth the 11" coil has, it DOES have improved separation and increased sensitivity to small conductors. I've gone back to many a cellar hole I'd previously pounded, and was pleasantly suprized at how well the 5" DD did. Its also a bit more immune to Rf interference. Glad your getting on well with it!!
I thought you had sold your F75??? ......
Re: thats pretty much what I posted some time back.
July 23, 2009 10:49PM
I got another one after I found that LA Belt Plate and saw all the good stuff Tom was finding in heavy iron. The noise does not bother me now.
Re: thats pretty much what I posted some time back.
July 24, 2009 01:15AM
And WELCOME BACK again!.... to lightning/steroid units......... chattering as they may be. I truly believe you are 'ready' this time. It's rough, not your fault.... but, as you can see, it's worth it.
July 24, 2009 06:21AM
I unmasked a Barber dime with the 5" DD on my F70. About 2-3 inches away from the Barber was a little Victorian era engraved gold plated heart locket, but the locket base metal was (I presume) steel.
July 24, 2009 03:25PM
Way to go Cal!!!!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!