Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ 3d or AT pro,.,,,,

Posted by Scooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ 3d or AT pro,.,,,,
January 15, 2013 02:15AM
CZ 3d or the AT Pro on a south Texas beach in the wet salt sand ???
Thanks..
S
Re: CZ 3d or AT pro,.,,,,
January 15, 2013 04:16AM
Scooter, I would think that you could find a good used CZ3D for about the same price as a new AT Pro. The CZ3D is going to be much more able to work in the wet salt sand, but if you get in the water with it, sooner or later you're going to drop it in the water, raise the coil too high and allow water to run down to the control box or get hit by an unsuspecting large wave, and your detector will/might be toast. I have/had both and have gone to the CZ6a as it's a bit more water resistance than the 3D, but nothing like the AT Pro, but I only work the wet/dry sand and maybe ankle deep water. The AT Pro would work in the wet sand or water, but it's a single freq machine and so will just not detect like the two freq CZ's. Both are good on the dry and the Pro would discriminate iron a bit better (not falsing iron into the high tone).

I guess you should look at how much iron trash will be in the areas you will detect and if you want to get into the water and/or work the wet sand. The Pro will work, but just not as good as the CZ in saltwater envirements. I like my Pro on dry land for it's ability to hear iron and non ferrous targets almost togather, but it's still not as deep as my CZ6a even on dry land. I really keep the Pro as a back up or for a friend that wants to detect with me. It's pretty easy to learn and it's waterproof.
January 15, 2013 04:47AM
Thanks Connortn,,
I have both and have a friend that hunts the salt beaches...
Last Dec, he used his Tesoro V and said it would not GB.....
I was thinking of letting him use my CZ 3d and chest mount
the CZ in a plastic bag.....
Thanks.....
January 15, 2013 02:52PM
Tough to beat a CZ series or Sov. series in wet salt sand and good idea to cover the CZ and chest mount to keep away from the salt as would hate to lay anything down into the sand...
After the hunt clean the unit well as salt really corrosive.
PS: of course a CZ6A would be my choice because of its weather resistant abilities...
January 15, 2013 03:00PM
I had the CZ3D belt mounted w 10.5 coil and it was great in the towel line down to the wet sand. I didnt use it as a get in the water machine. I have the AT Pro now and it will work in the dry sand very well and the wet sand not as well. Allways seem to have rebalance to much. I borrow a Excaliber for the wet to get in water area. The 3D gets my vote.
January 15, 2013 08:05PM
I use my CZ3D on Texas beaches, wet, dry and even submerged 1 or 2 inches when I need too.. Our beaches are pretty mild, the CZ is a good performer. Get the 10.5 coil if you want to cover lots of ground. I have used the AT PRO, but not on the beach, it does not get the good reviews like the CZ from people who do though.
January 16, 2013 11:36PM
Thanks for all the reply's....
S
January 20, 2013 11:12PM
Def. the CZ-3d. smiling smiley
January 21, 2013 04:22PM
I have had the Pro for 16 mos. great MD in just about any dirt (especially wet)
and very dry sand or frsh water but it just does not like to be around salt.

Even if you reduce the footprint to the 5X8 and play with the freq. shift.

It is . . . what it is !!!