Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold prices

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold prices
January 16, 2013 04:52PM
Looks like Gold has stalled and is staying around the $1660 range while PL finally caught up and passed it. Even PD is as high as ive seen it. Is Gold fixing to take another big jump you think or do you think this is a more realistic range where it might stay awhile?

Dew
Re: Gold prices
January 16, 2013 05:29PM
Hey Dew,
I ran into a prostector yesterday who said the poop he is hearing from the big boys (not Bart) is a jump to $2k this year. Who knows? I am not a prophet nor do I seem to profit.
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 16, 2013 06:45PM
I follow king worldnews.com to see whats happening in the financial world. . They are saying big things coming in the precious metals prices this year. We have a few years left in this bull market....When Joe Sixpack decides its time to buy precious metals...... we aint seen nothin yet price wise!
I came across a nifty ebook on amazon. com . check it out if you get a chance.. Its called Low Risk Bull Market Investing: Grow $2,000 into a Million. Very interesting read.
silver prices
January 18, 2013 01:33PM
Looks like the next stop for the silver price could be $233 an oz.
Read Ron Rosens scientific calculations . This guy is a mix of Keith Southern and Tom D of the charting world......56 yrs experience.
[kingworldnews.com]
May 30, 2013 03:24AM
Wth??? Dude, have you been hanging out in Berkley?
May 30, 2013 11:01AM
dewcon4414
...or do you think this is a more realistic range where it might stay awhile?

I see gold stuck here, or a bit lower, for awhile. Silver's next stop is $20/oz.

The real economy is improving... Auto sales up... Home sales up.... Businesses flush with cash.... Banks making record profits.... Inflation no where to be seen...
May 30, 2013 11:48AM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > ...or do you think this is a more realistic
> range where it might stay awhile?
>
>
> I see gold stuck here, or a bit lower, for awhile.
> Silver's next stop is $20/oz.
>
> The real economy is improving... Auto sales up...
> Home sales up.... Businesses flush with cash....
> Banks making record profits.... Inflation no where
> to be seen...

I agree with you I am seeing to much growth in my area as far as new businesses being built and new houses going up and I have been seeing more new cars on the road and I haven't seen this in several years!!
May 30, 2013 12:27PM
May 30, 2013 01:44PM
No inflation???? Do you buy groceries?? Lumber??? I'm in consruction, was paying $7-9a sheet for osb a year ago, now ? 15-16. I agree things have gotten better, but with the government doing everything anti small business, how long will it last?
May 30, 2013 04:25PM
Correct Deathray. I bet your houlry wage hasn't gone up the same percentage wise, and with the cost of health care, insurance, etc., the avearge workers take home pay is DECREASING.

Auto and home sales up....due to fake interest rates.

Businesses flush with cash...but not hiring in jobs that are meaningful and well paying

Banks making record profits...due to QE and market manipulation as well as being not only too big to fail, but too big to jail ( all the scum bag banksters should be in jail).

Inflation...it is alive and breathing in the REAL WORLD.

Sad thing is, overall there are deflationary tendecies at this point, which scares the crap out of the central planners as they fear deflation 100 times more than inflation ( which they actually state they want to inflate), so they will end up printing even MORE money...which will then create a huge inflationary trend once the velociy of money ( which at this point is practially non-existent but is soon going to rear it's ugly head) hits.
May 30, 2013 04:29PM
Liberals defending the far left agendas, it shows through even though they claim balance.
June 01, 2013 11:50AM
therover61...I could not agree with your assessment more...spot on IMO...

Steve
June 01, 2013 01:43PM
I am with Rover as well! From NBC (of all places) [www.nbcnews.com]

"Isn’t the economy in really bad shape?

The latest news on inflation and unemployment seem to be pointing to a gathering storm in the U.S. economy. A lot of readers are wondering: Just how bad is this downturn going to be?
The economists say we are in a recession? I don't think so. Would you say that we are more in a "'30s-type depression"? I have never seen the country in such bad shape. Rising gas and food prices. How do we live?
— Mary Ann R., Port Charlotte, Fla.
Well, Mary Ann, we’ve seen the economy in much worse shape. There’s little doubt left that we’re headed for — or in the beginnings of — an economic downturn. The housing recession that began in 2006 is one of the worst since the 1930s. It’s likely that things will get worse before they get better. But it’s impossible to say at this moment in time how bad they’ll get.
Economic forecasters and weather forecasters have a few things in common. Since no one can see into the future, both kinds of forecasters look at the forces that have created and shaped storms in the past — and then look at current data to help guide their predictions. When you see a sharp drop in the barometer, it’s a pretty good bet there’s a storm coming.
That’s where we are now — the economic barometer has just started dropping. Unfortunately, economists don’t have radar and satellite imaging to measure how big the storm is before it gets here.

There are lots of economic data out there to chew on, but the broadest measure of the economy’s strength is the gross domestic product — the total value of all the stuff we all make and services we sell each other. So a good yardstick of the damage done by a recession is the drop in GDP from start to finish.
By that measure, it’s too soon to say we're even in a recession: the last GDP data, for the last quarter of 2007, showed very weak growth of 0.6 percent — but growth nonetheless. Given the latest news on job losses in January and February, it’s likely we’ll see a negative number for the quarter that wraps up at the end of this month. (A preliminary figure will be reported in late April.) Depending on how long it takes for banks and other lenders to get through the ongoing turmoil in the credit markets, we may have more down quarters this year — and possibly even next.

That could make this the worst downturn in recent memory. The last recession — in 2001 — was pretty short and shallow by historical standards. But things would have to get a whole lot worse to put the current downturn on the list of all-time worst."

That was just a snippet, follow the link to see the rest. Word is getting out for sure. The propaganda machine is losing the numbers battle.

Nice short video on current silver/gold situation - very entertaining. "Brother John" is a very good and knowledgable silver trader I follow.

[www.youtube.com]
June 01, 2013 06:31PM
Albert, I'm happy to see that you've awoken from your coma. It's 2013 now and things are much better than portrayed in your October 21st 2008 video. Heck, we've had two elections since then and the new president has slowly gotten us back on track.
June 01, 2013 06:57PM
Steve(MS) Wrote:
> Liberals defending the far left agendas, it shows
> through even though they claim balance.

Things went to he[[ under the Bush adm. and if i remember right he was not a liberal, but thanks to .him we are safe because of Homeland security.
June 01, 2013 09:23PM
Pass me what ever you are smoking Rebel. We had a saying in the military..... lead or get out of the way. Seems he has. I also read recently the banks made over $40 billiion in profit the first quarter..... wonder if we got paid back?

Dew
June 01, 2013 09:47PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Pass me what ever you are smoking Rebel. We had
> a saying in the military..... lead or get out of
> the way. Seems he has. I also read recently
> the banks made over $40 billiion in profit the
> first quarter..... wonder if we got paid back?
>
> Dew

Don't worry about Go-Bankers Dew. Belief systems have a way of crumbing once the SH*T hits the fan. winking smiley

U.S. banks report record $40 billion in profits [www.bizjournals.com]

"U.S. banks reported record first-quarter profits of $40.3 billion, up from $34.7 billion in the fourth quarter and $34.8 billion a year ago."

Well, at least someone is making money. It is pretty sickening to think of how they make this money. First, the Central banks just print the money out of thin air. (We are on the hook for the interest payments on the bonds of course.) Next, banks are given the money at .5%. Now the banks have a choice. They can take this money and just put it into bonds, the stock market, personal loans, etc. Well, they are mostly doing the first two things - guaranteed money with low risk on their part. So, we don't see inflation at the rate we would think with their "quantitative easing". Some of the money does go to us "end users" though. The kicker of it all is that, if you get a loan for $20,000 it ends up going into another bank and then they get to loan out 95% or so of it, and so on, and so on, and so on. Get the picture? And the thing is, we are basically "paying" for this wealth redistribution.

Max Keiser - Hang the Bankers(10 minutes of laughter and truth) [www.youtube.com]

Albert

June 01, 2013 10:58PM
Ever wonder how the hell they can give depositors .05% on their money, yet charge an average of 12% for credit card interest ?

If you gave me risk free money to invest, I could make a fortune too.

A person just has to step back and really put common sense into some of the statistics these liars are spewing out. How can retail profits be on the rise while the unemployment rate in the retail market is up ? Wonder why home sales are up ? Hedge funds are purchasing homes to rent out...it's not the average person buying homes. How can the real estate market be on the rise when the average income of the median household is falling and the overall unemployment rate, especially for young adults, is rising ? Hedge funds are looking to get a better return on their money than the bond market, which now appears to be more risk than reward. So they are getting into the real estate market. This is going to be another bubble all over again and when the those crooks bail out of that market, the bottom is going to fall out again.

The capital investments should be in sectors where it can stimulate growth and good paying jobs...that is the CORRECT way to get the housing market moving. NOT fake low interest rates and hedge funds buying homes. It should be people who have saved up a sizable down payment, have a good paying, secure job, and can afford the mortgage while still being able to save for their child's education and pay for affordable health care. Not hoping to get a loan or renting out a home that is owned by some hedge fund that will look to bail the minute things go south.

Things don't make sense....then again they make perfect sense if you just step back and put some common sense into it.

Schiff is probably correct...AGAIN.

[www.safehaven.com]