Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finally got out recently to get some snow on the 3D........

Posted by yardhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finally got out recently to get some snow on the 3D........
January 16, 2013 09:43PM
Yep...I have a nephew that is moving out of a older house in our area & I asked permission to detect the 30 days remaining before he leaves. Hmm, you may know there would be 5" snow on the ground the 1st time we get out there.

Here's what conditions we were facing.....

I like scrubbing the coil along the ground which was difficult the 1st visit.
However, if it's an older house, that's my kind of territory. I'll go to just about any kind of extreme to hunt those kind places. Here it is.....

Figuring it was built around 1910 & having a large front yard.....this place has to have some silver lost. Well..it did....
Here's a almost slick 1929 standing liberty qtr found near the sidewalk....

Here's a better pic taken the next weekend ( with grass this time ) while we were there....

Finally....with about 6 hours detecting...here's everything found so far....

A SLQ, mercury dime, 2 war nickels, 5-6 wheaties & 35+ other coins such as zincolns & clad. We have 2 more weekends to detect the place before it's over. Hopefully, I'll have a little more to post in February.

I hope the ground doesn't freeze before then................see ya yardhunter
Re: Finally got out recently to get some snow on the 3D........
January 16, 2013 10:15PM
Nice. Hard to believe no Barbers have shown there little heads on that property. Maybe next hunt. Good luck yardhunter.