Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another new machine....

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another new machine....
January 19, 2013 01:17PM
They are coming out of the wood work now lol. [www.findmall.com] Not a very good video of its capiblities....... or maybe it was.

Knobs.... Iron disc, sensitivity, signal audio 3 settings, iron on or off, GB and mineral mods 3.

You cant ground balance ..... so the ground is IRON mineralized? So there is no target disc except for Iron? Look heavy wonder why they didnt just go ahead and do a straight shaft? They were on a beach..... yet the only thing they were digging were high conductors coins..... wheres the gold man? I can buy a pretty inexpensive machine for digging coins at 6 inches on a beach. I saw no PP and the head phone wires look like ear bud quality. Looks like Kelleyco is carrying this for $1000. Leather case ..... on a beach, how long you think that will last? Looks like 3 tone disc.

[www.youtube.com]

Dew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2013 01:45PM by dewcon4414.
Re: Another new machine....
January 19, 2013 01:39PM
Here's a UK forum thread on it. Apologies for the tragic abuse of the English language.
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
January 19, 2013 01:48PM
Thanks Pimento...... more info. Again we have a 17kHz machine operating on wet beach sand..... HOWEVER they never mention SALT WATER BEACH. It is water proof.

Dew
January 20, 2013 05:08AM
Again what happens if you have iron mixed in with a coin?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2013 09:27AM
[www.youtube.com]
Europe is starting to produce more and better detectors U.S. are starting to be far behind
European treasures [www.youtube.com] !!!
[www.youtube.com] Treasure Hunters - Bulgaria
January 20, 2013 11:23AM
Denari - Thanks for that (last) video. Really interesting and a bit sad.

I think the European market is quite different than the American market but that is changing. As of now, the Europoean market is compimentary and adding quite a bit to the technological base (e.g., machines for use in iron). I don't see this as an "American Vs. Europe" thing or something like that (But maybe "pride" will bring some newer innovations to come back out of America. The economic situation makes that difficult though). What I would like to see someone make is a deep multi tone unit. Wouldn't be bad to see a VID on some of them as well...

Albert
January 20, 2013 12:42PM
Albert i dont know that i agree....in a way it is American Vs Europe. We have to continue keeping pace, fall to far behind and you are out of the game completely. Im not buying an American detector just because its American. Everyone is looking for the best at the best price in a global market. We dearly want to buy American..... and if they listen to us and produce a good machine at a fair price we will buy it. We stomp our feet and wave our hands in an attemp to tell some what we want in a detector.... heck our mods sometimes speak volumes. When you either cant produce the detector we need or in some cases just wont..... we will look else where. Second best is ok with me if i dont like your customer service, price, warranty, arrogance or lack of concern for what i want.

Dew
January 20, 2013 06:38PM
Dewcon - I see your point but to me, cooperation can go so much farther than competition. I like some of your points as well, but right now "Business as usual is finished."
January 20, 2013 09:21PM
Competition is what makes a better and cheaper mouse trap we the consumer benifit. When businesses coorperater it normally tends to standardized pricing ..... look at OPEC.... wheres that put us? It always works out best where there is indiviaual company greed rather than consolidated greed.

Dew
January 20, 2013 09:31PM
Heres a depth test video [www.youtube.com] not sure if it will work in iron well for unmasking but might be a great deep hunter for backfield area's ...Like trench lines and such...

31" inches on a bracelet is pretty good...

But will it handle mineral...?

Keith
January 20, 2013 10:49PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Competition is what makes a better and cheaper
> mouse trap we the consumer benifit. When
> businesses coorperater it normally tends to
> standardized pricing ..... look at OPEC.... wheres
> that put us? It always works out best where
> there is indiviaual company greed rather than
> consolidated greed.
>
> Dew

I don't see how a fraction of the whole can do a better job than the whole (in this case, all engineers). Especially when these separate creative "cells" start working together.

I think the problem is that we haven't fully seen what I am talking about, due to systems of economics we were born into and in a sense, can't see out of easily. And even those "cooperative" forms, were not fully functioning, not by a longshot.
I am talking about a system that currently is not here, but it will... Just takes time. And, it is way beyond an economic system. "Beyond" being the key word. But, superior products will still surface before an idealistic point is reached. I see this as more a mathematical argument, rather than an ideological one. But don't bring up fractals winking smiley
January 20, 2013 11:00PM
I believe these machines (the whole line of them) are made over in like Turkey or someplace in the middle east -

someone here mentioned Europe but that's not where they're made.

I've seen the depth test for the Golden Sense unit which is very impressive (a quarter at up to 32 inches deep??) but like someone here said - what about unmasking capabilities and/or operation in high FE/iron type soils, etc.

Also - if you look at the handles and overall build/const of the the machines - they look a bit "radio shack" quality to me -

I'd have to see one IN person and play with it for a bit before deciding if I'd like to try one at a $1000

Addendum - the price WAS $995.00 approx. 3 weeks ago when I was looking at them - NOW they want $1095.00 AND they're suggesting that the price is going to increase. This is for the Golden Sense - not the Velox which is now the price of what the Golden was a month ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2013 11:20PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
January 21, 2013 12:54AM
I have played around with a Nokta...

was not impressed with it....

but it was some sort of imaging detector...WHATEVER?

Man it was heavy...and cost like 4500.00 And was built really cheap...

Keith
January 22, 2013 12:58PM
Still....... an eye-opener video. Liked the 'fixed' and 'mobile' double camera set-up.