Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anbody else ordered the Vista Smart in the U.S.?

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anbody else ordered the Vista Smart in the U.S.?
January 20, 2013 02:57PM
I was currious if anybody had got there's yet and how many day days did they wait in customs? man ive had to wait 4 days in customs and was currious if anybody had to wait this long as well, in all my other purchases never went this long but it was through ups as well not usps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2013 02:58PM by AMCJAVELIN.
Re: Has anbody else ordered the Vista Smart in the U.S.?
January 20, 2013 03:35PM
I wish they would get it too ya tooAMC...I really want to see it in action.
January 20, 2013 09:01PM
Last I heard several days ago mine was 2-3 weeks out and that was from the USA dealer.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2013 10:30PM
US Customs - you never know...
You could have 10 boxes and they will pull 2 for a check and send the other 8 straight through.
You could have 1 box and it sits for a week.
Crap shoot.
January 20, 2013 10:51PM
Really? well i guess i got the crap deal deal of the dice thats for sure, thanks for the info.
January 20, 2013 10:52PM
Nope -

I'm saving up for the Vista Gold myself but I'll be ordering from the USA dealer when I purchase.

I just bought a Tesoro Tejon at Christmas time to add to the collection so the wife says I have to wait/save for the Vista - she doesn't understand why I feel the need for 4/5 machines.

I keep telling her - *1* doesn't fit the bill as do all/be all the same as 1 pair of shoes doesn't "do all/be all" for her!

She sort of understands now but not quite!

Hope your machine comes in soon so we can see your test/finds :-)

HH
January 20, 2013 11:01PM
For some reason DHL and two day shipping will make it right on time. I guess they know somebody. I ordered some parts had them shipped from China 2 day DHL and it made it to me in two days.

Tom in SC
January 20, 2013 11:28PM
Yep, I got a 8x12 coil & rod in customs now, been 4 days there.................Mark
January 20, 2013 11:59PM
I ordered a Vista Smart on the 10th of January and am still waiting for it. Rosi said it takes 7 to 10 days to get it but it is 10 days now and tomorrow is Martin Luther king day so no mail. If I don't get it this week I am going to be really upset. Not with Rosi but with our government Customs system. I am 80 years old and would like to get it before I die!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2013 12:11AM by Coinseeker 78.
January 21, 2013 12:12AM
I think we ought to rent a "great big canoe" and go over the "pond" to retrieve them!!! Lol.
January 21, 2013 12:26AM
Well about our government look who our president if thats any inclination at all, and about the canoe we might have to add a huge mast and sail to it to be a little more economical LOL!
A Couple Of Congressmen.........
January 21, 2013 01:13AM
Powering a hot air balloon would work, alot of hot air in DC!!!!!!
January 21, 2013 01:16AM
All I know is that I could really be putting my Vista Gold-to-be to work right now. I have some excellent sites, several, where the Gold will excel as I learn it. I guess I can buy me a pair of those headphones that Keith S. has been talking about working well on the Vista's. I have a pair of SUPER cheap Garrett's (I paid 21 of for them) but they have an inline volume control that has developed a short. I suppose it would be a simple fix with a soldering iron. Tending to all of that could soften the fact that it's quite possible that my unit hasn't even left Bulgaria yet. Oh me.
But AMC.....man I sympathize with ya, I had an airgun barrel held up in customs over Christmas Holidays. The tracking number simply refused to budge. It was only there a week but it felt like an eternity. One day it just showed up at my PO box. The tracking number never revealed that it had even left New York City until I signed for it in my Tennessee post office. I went home and looked at my tracking number, and it had caught up and showed delivered. U.S. Customs is simply part of the grief we must deal with. But knowing that does NOT make it any better. I am almost as anxious for you to get your Smart as I am for you to get it. Some videos of it in action would be nice. I have a feeling that it's going to be a game changer, like the Gold seems to be. Good luck. Maybe Tuesday. Or at least, this week sometime.
Ya know, we have you to thank for opening our eyes to the Deeptech units!!!!! I don't take that for granted and I appreciate it as I know others do as well. And to Keith S. for posting vids and commentary on his two Vista units. Keith has been the catalyst behind a few of my detector purchases and I have not one ounce of 'buyers remorse' for any of them. So, thanks AMCJavelin for your fine contribution to this forum. It IS appreciated. And likewise with Keith S. and many many others.
January 21, 2013 01:53AM
Well Kevin B i apreciate the kind words for sure and really it don't matter which model you get there all good you just got to figuire whats the type of hunt you do most, I think the vista gold is going to rewrite how frequencies are precieved in thought that higher is shallower and lower is deeper when the season gets really into swing and more of us relic and coin shooters start to see the capabillities and the most improtant thing is "Simplicity" this is where i think american detector companys have turned there heads back other than tesoro and analog to american manufacturers is like taboo to most they look at it in my opinion as old technology and the europeans are taking it another step further faster recovery speeds, deeper more power and very deep in the higher freqs covering the basics of detecting,
January 21, 2013 05:02AM
It is Midnight and I just checked my tracking number and it got out of customs today. So I should get it this week. Hallelujah!!!
January 21, 2013 12:00PM
thats good i think i'll check mine.
January 22, 2013 02:56AM
well after looking at my tracking info its finaly moved out of customs and hopefully wednesday the smart will be here!