Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The real purpose of spamming

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The real purpose of spamming
January 21, 2013 01:14PM
The usual round of early morning spamming has begun here and it's obvious that this guy could care less if we visit a web page and take a look. The hyperlinks are not even obvious to find.

This guys aim is not to redirect some of Tom's traffic to their site (which is the obvious initial conclusion) but rather to increase their (or their clients’) ranking in search engines. Most search engines now count in a site’s ranking how many other websites have linked to it even if the link cannot be easily found. By leaving comments on Tom's site, the spammers’ sites can achieve a slightly higher search engine ranking.
Re: The real purpose of spamming
January 21, 2013 02:05PM
Nice report go-rebels i always thought the were just being jerks but now i see they are jerks with a purpose?
January 21, 2013 02:19PM
Why can't they be deleted by Tom???
January 21, 2013 03:51PM
I would suppose that they are removed by the web master and blacklisted so they can't post again... until they sign up with another member name.
January 21, 2013 04:25PM
This is place no place for that kind of junk.
I hope Tom can delete this guy.
January 21, 2013 04:26PM
Wally needs to create a small barrier to defeat the "auto-bot" program... maybe 'type-the-hidden-word'.
January 21, 2013 06:31PM
They come back like weeds. Wally needs to put up a little higher barrier.
January 21, 2013 06:56PM
Can't we find who it is and give the Diggers their address to do a show on their lawn?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 21, 2013 07:22PM
I noticed the other day there was a lot of people logged on with crazy looking user names....Just random number's and letter's...

then I noticed this

Record Number of Users: 36 on January 18, 2013

Before that it was like record User's was 17 two years ago I believe....

Keith
January 21, 2013 08:01PM
Lawn?

They probably sleep in a fifty square meter flat in Hong Kong.
January 21, 2013 08:27PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wally needs to create a small barrier to defeat
> the "auto-bot" program... maybe
> 'type-the-hidden-word'.

This would likely knock out most of the spammers.
I read that china is responsible for thousands if not millions of spam-bots.
January 22, 2013 01:33PM
Connor..... you are correct. Wally struggles to keep up with spammers. It has also caused genuine folks of whom want to join this forum.... to be deleted/blocked........... due to unusual-looking ID names.
January 22, 2013 11:35PM
I'm going to have a few days off from my other job soon and will have to put in a captcha widget to try and stop spambots. I was hoping to avoid making it hard for new users to register, but now it is probably better to maintain the quality of this forum by excluding spammers. I'm going to try to make posting photos better and easier also.

Wally