Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This one is for nasa tom

Posted by squarenail_cache 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This one is for nasa tom
January 24, 2013 12:14AM
How did you ever discover silent masking and when where and how often do you think it occurs
Tri
Re: This one is for nasa tom
January 24, 2013 12:05PM
Its on the main page of this website :

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Tri
January 24, 2013 12:59PM
I had the same experience as Tom, there's a schoolyard across the street where I now live. 30 seconds to get to it. Spent a lot of time there using multiple detectors to kill time.
Found lots of coins and other items, several rings, chains.....thought I had this place cleaned out, others said it has been hunted long before me.

So hesitant to use my homebuilt PI on a trashy schoolyard, it sat in the house. more or less had it for beach duty. But, took it out to see what it can do. mind you I had the 7" search coil on.
The PI behaved remarkably well and found a huge amount of coins in places already hunted. I was amazed, especially after finding a sterling chain in a spot I hunted 10 times.
And yes I have pulled up more trashy items. I really found something interesting, the PI really likes coins on edge. The Canadian $1 and $2 coins will be detected deeper by a couple inches
when lying on edge vs. flat. My junk ratio is no different than when using a VLF machine. Big difference is by adjusting the Pulse delay up from 10us will reduce sensitivity to small foil and virtually eliminate
the detector from detecting it. But still is sensitive to small gold. I grab my PI now more than a VLF machine. More so when I hear a place has been hunted to death.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 24, 2013 01:31PM
Thanks Tri.
I have not read this article in 13 years. It is interesting to see what technological advancements/improvements have taken place since then. The advent of the T2 (then F75...... then to LTD/SE).......... then.....to the GMP......... certainly have changed the equation a bit. Because of this........ I believe we are truly on the 'brink-of-discovery'.
With major discoveries being found ......... especially in the European Nations.............. and at a much more frequent rate............. I believe that Mfr's are starting to think: This is not 'just a hobby'. National/International Historical significance is being discovered, documented...... and 'educated'.
January 24, 2013 03:12PM
Plain and simple thats why the old beat to heck areas still produce now and then. All it takes is the right unit with the right coil on the right day from a particuliar direction at a specific speed and one wonders how many super finds we missed over the years. No doubt there are coins and such too deep for any unit to get but on any given day good finds are made from shallow graves and guess thats why we keep going back.
January 24, 2013 05:26PM
Wow what a great artice very interesting/informative, Makes me wonder how many finds of a lifetime we have all passed our coil over and heard nothing or low tone and decided not to dig.
January 25, 2013 12:15PM
You don't know........... what you don't know!

How do you know what you are missing............ if you don't know it even exists.
January 26, 2013 06:25PM
And if we were able to know what we missed, I think we would be terminally despondent! I believe we've all walked over a King's ransom!
Ignorance is bliss in this case. But if we could know WHILE we were walking over it... we'd gladly PAY a King's ransom for that!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie