Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom got a question...rel CZ3D

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom got a question...rel CZ3D
August 03, 2009 12:39PM
First and foremost I must say I saw most of your videos and read most of your articles which I thought were superior at best and are sure a credit to the hobby but have to ask this question.

On one hand you give your air test for a CZ3D on a dime to be calibrated correctly.

On the other you say to be accurate the coin has to mix with the matrix of the soil to be accurate.

Having used every CZ model ever made since the original CZ6 and once I learned how to spot those darn deep rusty nails have found some awful deep coins the best depth being a 16 inch walking half in a dried out lake.

Certainly a valid question and honestly before the CZ3D never heard too much about actual depth readings but from the get go knew CZ's were deep and feel coil for coil are as deep or deeper than anything on the market.

Certainly not being a buster but inquiring minds would like to know...respectfully, Dan
Re: Tom got a question...rel CZ3D
August 04, 2009 06:26AM
Hi Dan,

Glad to have your input on this forum.....and your question is NEVER a problem...and is a valid one.
First, a U.S. dime (silver or copper) is a coin that is very easy to ID in an air-test IRT the CZ platform. This coin lends itself as a ideal 'test-standard' for air-testing a CZ for the purposes of DEPTH testing; so as to generate a base-reference....for comparison purposes; subsequently, this is 'THE' gauge for measuring the calibration of the unit for "range".....a standardized test.
Now....To answer the second part of your question: Yesteryears (older generation) coins that are difficult to ID.... or completely fail to ID as a high-tone coin (usually ID as mid-tone trash).....air-test or otherwise; This is where the CZ-3D comes into play. The CZ-3D platform is designed to bring nearly all of the older generation coins up into the high-tone range; yet, still leaving most of the trash in the mid-tone range.....especially in a natural setting dirt-matrix. Many other brands/detectors fail to properly ID older generation coins .... in real-dirt scenarios. They also fail to properly ID these same coins... even in a simple air-test. Once again; this is where the CZ-3D shines.

In a nutshell:

1. Air-testing a dime is for testing 'distance' calibration.
2. Nearly 'needed' dirt-matrix gives enhanced ability to ID older generation coins on CZ-3D.

Tom
Thanks Tom..
August 04, 2009 01:06PM
As always a down to earth explanation and hope all understand.
Being a long time CZ user I get E-mail questions myself and not having the analytical ability or perhaps choice of words let the EXPERT answer where all would see as I frequently get asked this question so again thanks and keep up the good work promoting the hobby and improving the use of CZ's thru your excellent Video's and writings..
Re: Thanks Tom..
August 04, 2009 09:31PM
Thanks Dan..... I always have concern if my 'style' of writing is clear.....or congested.