Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista Detectors What places do you plan on using them?

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista Detectors What places do you plan on using them?
February 05, 2013 04:50PM
Looking for idears.
Re: Vista Detectors What places do you plan on using them?
February 05, 2013 05:07PM
I plan on using the Vista Gold at hunted out cellar holes and iron infested fields.

I'm hoping it will find what my other detectors missed.
February 05, 2013 06:03PM
I plan to use my Vista smart everywhere. With experience I will be more able to understand the nuances of the signals better and search the areas better thus increasing my finds of all kinds. Sometimes I will cherry pick the deep stuff and I will dig every nonferrous signal till I get a feel for the area I am hunting. More work but more rewards. I am 80 years old but will work it slow and steady.
February 05, 2013 06:29PM
I plan to look everywhere. I will be getting use to the nuances of the nonferrous tones and learning the personality of the detector, Sometimes I will cherry pick the deep signals in places I have searched many times with various detectors. When I can get a smaller coil I will hunt the old parks and tot lots. I feel by having to dig more often my success will improve. I am 80 years old but will work at it slowly but steady. I am excited at the idea of searching old sites with my Vista Smart. I will be reporting on my successful and not so successful hunts on this forum. Good hunting
February 05, 2013 07:22PM
Old homeplaces with plenty of nails, which most homeplaces seem to have an abundance of. I also have some places I have hunted and want to see if I can hit some deeper signals. This may very well be the deepest unit I've had.....with two tones anyway. My F5 is deep in all metal mode. I can hit a 12 inch bullets (test garden) with an easily diggable signal. But no numbers come up on the display like it does when I am in all metal and wave over the 9,8, and 7 inch bullet. I can hit those last three in Disc mode with repeatable signals with the F5. And the Deus. Anyway....old homeplaces. And when I'm invited, to some old farms around a large battlefield with permission. And to look for old coins. Sort of.
February 05, 2013 08:04PM
Nurse, scalpel please. Here's the Vista Gold Doc.

I'd like to see a comparison between the Goldmax Power and the Vista Gold before I make a decision. Keith, didn't you try a GMP? What do you think Tom D?
February 05, 2013 09:48PM
I've already made my decision and ordered mine but I would like to see a comparison between the Gold Bug Pro and the Vista Gold.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2013 10:13PM by Badger in NH.
February 06, 2013 12:10AM
I plan on using on my iron infested relic sites. Could have used it today. My Fisher Cz6a was hitting the 10 to 12 inch deep bullets well, but it just does not seem to find the deep small items like I think it should. I also expect the Gold to do very well in the dry sand at the beach on thin chains. If it can function half as well on the wet salt sand then that could be a huge bonus. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas in antisipation of what this detector can add to my over all tools for better success.
February 06, 2013 01:18AM
Anywhere & everywhere I normally hunt but no "tot lots or new schools or new/er parks" -
don't hunt those much anyway unless I'm just playing around/passing some time for some reason or another!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 12:56AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
I have Plenty Of Civil War Camp Sites......
February 06, 2013 01:23AM
That I have had so-so luck with the GBSE that I have that I want to re-visit and see what I can root out...........Mark
February 06, 2013 03:40AM
Mining camps and ghosttowns