Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone looking for the rare Troy Shadow X5??

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone looking for the rare Troy Shadow X5??
February 06, 2013 01:32AM
Used - Troy Custom Detectors Shadow X5 Metal Detector for sale on ebay for $539.00

another one I'd add to the toolbox if I had the cash and wasn't already buying 2 other machines on top of the 3 I already own (wife would kill me)!

Maybe someone here has been looking for one and wants to add it to their collection??

Link to the auction below -

Listing >> [www.ebay.com]
Re: Anyone looking for the rare Troy Shadow X5??
February 06, 2013 02:21AM
Price is a little high. I gave $525 for a very good condition X5, three coils and free shipping. This guy is charging for shipping and even the bubble wrap...... It is his unit so he can set the price any way he wants.

I guess someone will buy it.

Tom in SC
February 06, 2013 10:35PM
Agree with Tom as auctions usually bring high prices...Have to admit Troy had some good ideas and in the right hands a really deep unit....doubt if he will ever come back as tough for the small guy in this economy....
February 06, 2013 11:07PM
tmanly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Price is a little high. I gave $525 for a very
> good condition X5, three coils and free shipping.
> This guy is charging for shipping and even the
> bubble wrap...... It is his unit so he can set the
> price any way he wants.
>
> I guess someone will buy it.
>
> Tom in SC

Hey Tom

that sounds like a good deal you got there!

I just happened upon the auction and figured someone here may be looking for one so I posted it -
I'm not too sure what a good price for the unit is being used but I do know they're a good/deep machine and hard to come by.

MRH
Wayne
February 06, 2013 11:48PM
I know Wayne. It is always nice to share the wealth...lol the Troy units are getting hard to find. But they are not for everyone.

Tom in SC
February 07, 2013 12:58AM
I just got one off E-bay myself. I paid 425.00 with 15.00 shipping. It also came with the 7'' coil and lower rod and a set of calrads. He claims he only used it 3 times,But it looks a little dirty for that,But maybe dusty and just needs cleaning? I haven't got it yet. I always wanted to try one as they are suppose to be depth monsters. I hope I don't miss tone I.D. to much,But it is suppose to have great modulated audio so that will help. Besides I still have my E-trac and Tom tuned CZ-3D if I need a tone I.D. and target I.D. Machine. The deal fell through on the vintage Wilson RC IV ,But this will be a better more reliable deep seeker anyways.
February 07, 2013 02:16PM
Harold having owned and used one well made unit to me basically a relic unit and last I heard Troy still has a site with lots of info and does take telephone calls if you need any data or whatever..Really nice gentleman that will answer all your questions...if any....
Perhaps best rel the Wilson as basically a throwaway unit if it goes down....
February 07, 2013 05:57PM
Hey, Harold, I had a bid on that one, too. I agree with Tom about the $539 one. It looks like it has a tear on the pinpoint button and the picture is a bit fuzzy. eBay is always a crap shoot for the quality of product. I learned the hard way on a DetectorPro pinpointer. It arrived with silt in the screw holes not visible in the photos and it was barely working and wires inside promptly disolved. When I called to talk about it his wife totally went off on me and he flamed me royally in feedback because I wouldn't give him a glowing happy happy rating! I was twice as kind as I should have been! Jerk!
So Harold, if you don't like the X5, I'll give you $440 for it and the etra coil!
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 07, 2013 06:48PM
Thanks Tom I will keep that in mind if it isn't what i think or just get bored with it as some due. I figured at that price I couldn't go wrong as they are still in demand. I know what you mean about E-bay as I bought a detector awhile back and was out of town when the auction ended on a Saturday.I was back by Monday ready to pay and he already was threating to report me for not paying? I told him I was out of town and off line and would gladly pay him now eventhough I had at least 3 -7 days and he didn't even state in his ad about payment time? So I pay him and get the detector which didn't look to bad in the picture ,But was dirty as hell with little like paint specks on it? And the knob was loose from the shaft. I cleaned it up and tightend the knob and it worked O.K. I gave him 4 stars in feedback,But remarked about the dirty detector and loose knob only because he made such a big deal about payment. Anyways he gave me 4 stars ,But remarked that I was jerk and wouldn't do business with me again? The only negative remark I ever got on E-bay. I guess you can't complain about anything on there.
February 07, 2013 09:39PM
I think we live in a time when mediocre performance feels entitled to an A+ grade or their feelings are hurt. Come to think about it I feel cheated to dig so many pennies (and to a lessor degree clad) without getting a silver coin of some kind. winking smiley
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie