Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Off topic...but happy moment

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Off topic...but happy moment
February 06, 2013 01:42AM
I know this is off topic but I had to share this. A little under a year ago, I sold all my detecting gear to devote my time to the upcoming 3D Archery circuit. I have been working hard at it, and our first tournament of the yr was in Gainesville, FL this past weekend. I am happy to say I made the podium in it! My first podium finish at this national level of archery!!

I also shot my first Robin Hood in competition...and the other archer was kind enough to let me keep the arrow as a keep sake.

You may now continue your regularly scheduled programming lol
Re: Off topic...but happy moment
February 06, 2013 01:49AM
Congrats my friend....keep it up.....Your still a youngun compared to some of us old folk and always can revert back to the hobby in your later years....
Life is all about competition and quite a feat for your first year and imagine only going to get better....
February 06, 2013 02:02AM
huge congrats from a former bow hunter!!!!!! of course you were going for the"robinhood", right!?
chuck.
February 06, 2013 02:15AM
Congrats on a nice accomplishment Daniel!
February 06, 2013 02:15AM
That's great, Dan! Do you bowhunt also? My oldest boy (32) is a hunting fool. He shoots a Mathews Z7 and an older Mathews Switchback. He has shot black bear in Ontario, pigs in Texas, antelope in South Dakota,
quite few gobblers and big whitetails here in Nebraska and in Illinois/Kansas/Iowa. All the big game seasons are closed now but he has been putting the hurt on coyotes,foxes, and a few nice bobcats the last couple months.
He got a bobcat last Saturday and got $225 for it. Fur prices are really up. Practice, practice, practice! The archery equipment nowdays is unreal. A far cry from when I used to shoot them.
February 06, 2013 02:20AM
I wish i could pinpoint like that with my bow lol
February 06, 2013 02:29AM
Nice shot!! Congrats on the finish at the podium too!

HH
February 06, 2013 02:59AM
You did it Daniel. You put your mind to it and bingo! Way to go!

Back to detecting??
February 06, 2013 03:26AM
Great job Daniel!!!! Congratulations !!!!!! and it's well deserved.
February 06, 2013 03:39AM
Way to go Daniel!!!
February 06, 2013 04:10AM
Thanks everybody!! I'm not getting back into detecting just yet. I've still got a ways to go in shooting. I wasn't expecting a podium finish this early though. I'm not shooting the full circuit this year...just a few of them. I don't have sponsors like a lot of the other archers do so everything is coming out of my pocket....equipment, travel expenses, etc. It is a very expensive deal without any help paying the way or even part of the way. We're shooting the ones within a few hours of home...Florida was a wild card because we wanted an escape from 20 degree gloomy weather...and it worked great with nice days in the 70s. I can't wait til the next one! If I win over $300 this yr I will move up to the next class...I'm over half that already, just one shoot in. The higher up you go in the classes...the better the payout.
February 06, 2013 04:17AM
Congrat's Daniel....

Nice shot on the Robin Hood!!

Keith
February 06, 2013 04:34AM
Congrats Daniel. Nice shootin. Steve
February 06, 2013 04:58AM
Congrats Daniel on making the podium. There are a lot of good bow shooters out there so what you did is a big accomplishment.

I use to do a lot of 3d shooting but hav'nt shot in a bow tournement for several years now. Good luck on your future tournements.
cd
February 06, 2013 05:47AM
Watch out, there is talk about banning arrows next.
February 06, 2013 07:54AM
Congrats Daniel ,I think you would do well in any hobby you put your mine to.
February 06, 2013 10:41AM
You seem to be very happy and that is just great. I wish you continued success.
February 06, 2013 11:45AM
Great job Daniel !
Sounds like you have started in a new sport . . . already very near the top !
Keep at it !
Come back and visit us again !
February 06, 2013 01:23PM
Great accomplishment Daniel. Congratulations.

Thank you for all the help/advice you gave me about bows and what path to take for my son. We looked at a Mathews Craze the other day and it seems to be a good fit for him to start out and grow with. I think that is the way we are going to go and see where it takes him.
February 06, 2013 02:42PM
Pretty cool, Daniel.
Thanks for sharing.

HH
Mike
February 06, 2013 05:09PM
Robin Hood huh? So that's what they call them. Use to do that all the time with stick weeds when we were growing up :-) Just kidding. I'd be lucky not to hit the judge! I use to shoot some (not compitition) when in my twenties and used what I think was called "indian style". Not sure about the name but you didn't pinch the nock in your fingers, your fingers were always below the nock depending on the distance to the target. We sighted off of the arrow point. Probably very rudimentary now with all the bow sights.

That's some great shooting. The bow may be the only medium range defence weapon we have at our desposal in not too many years! Maybe I should take up spear throwing :-)
February 06, 2013 10:31PM
Connortn you are showing your age its called a long bow and actually shot a small buck in my late teens...Unfortunately from too much practice developed tennis elbow that plagued me for over a year so I quit that hobby...With todays equipment different ballgame and imagine some of those indians were super shots but then again nuch more game in that era...
Every time I hear of a fellow detectlorist with tennis elbow I wince as takes a bit to get rid of....thank God for the new light units comes to mind....
February 07, 2013 07:14PM
Congrats Daniel!!!

I got to admit, I didn't read the text at first and just looked at that first picture. I thought "So cool, Daniel won money for best mustache!" Wow! eheheh

Keep up the good archery work but don't forget the detecting winking smiley

Albert
February 08, 2013 12:24AM
What's the big deal? I just watched BRAVE and saw an animated GIRL do the same thing!
Not bad for a boy though, I guess. Or should I say a real man!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 12:25AM by Pasttom.