Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Iron audio control talk

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Iron audio control talk
February 07, 2013 12:26AM
With some machines having a iron audio adjustment i.e the Vista Gold , a great idea by the way
What would be the go-to settings. I set most machines to disc out nails . Does that still apply or
disc them in and lower iron volume . ? Thanks Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 12:36AM by gman.
Re: Iron audio control talk
February 08, 2013 05:53PM
Anyone
February 08, 2013 07:36PM
I just got my Gold the other day, but I set it to disc to just get the nails to give a medium tone, but larger iron and non ferrous relics to give a high tone. I used the iron volume to lower the pain to the ears lol. I wish the iron volume control could be set to zero, but not discriminate the iron out. I just don't want to hear it at all. That would be real nice.
February 08, 2013 09:13PM
Thanks for the reply. It would seem like a lot less mental fatigue would extend hunting time with better focus.
February 09, 2013 12:05AM
I'm used to hearing the iron all the time when I hunt but it would be nice to turn the volume down on it.

I think if the iron volume did have a zero, I wouldn't go that far with it because without the low tones, you wouldn't be getting the full picture.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 12:07AM by Badger in NH.
February 09, 2013 02:09AM
Even if I could descriminate the iron out completely I would not. I too like to know what my detector is dealing with as much as possible. But I do look forward to the iron volumn adjustment of the Gold.