Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finding pipes Tom need your advice.

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finding pipes Tom need your advice.
August 25, 2009 03:43PM
I was asked by Preston Castle to help them find the electrical wire running underground...I have never done that. I have found water pipes mostly copper. How would I set up the F75? This castle was built in 1895 I am sure things have changed over the years?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Finding pipes Tom need your advice.
August 26, 2009 10:46PM
Even old elec wire should still be copper....and rigid..........BUT....it may also be buried in galvanized iron EMT. FIND the point of where it JUST enters the ground..... (may be at the structure..... or at a street xfmer... or pole)....... and see WHAT TYPE of wire it is. Use this as your base reference. I'd probably run the AM mode with the lowest Sens possible whilst still detecting underground wire. Whilst sweeping coil....'track' the wire.....and you will also find it leading to a obvious source. (((There are cable tracers that can do a MUCH EASIER/BETTER job...if the industrial/commercial tool is avail))). You will also (most probably) find that NEC code was not always adhered to. The cable may be too shallow..........(or it could be quite deep). Chances are..... it'll most probably be inconsistent/varying depths.
Re: Finding pipes Tom need your advice.
August 27, 2009 02:52AM
Thanks

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!