Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Former (disgruntled) member speaks out.

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Former (disgruntled) member speaks out.
February 26, 2013 06:10PM
Re: Former (disgruntled) member speaks out.
February 26, 2013 06:12PM
So what's your point?
February 26, 2013 06:35PM
When one of my grandkids is trying his best to stand his ground, deliver a point, make us understand the error of our ways, educate us on the next biggest issue in his life,... and then finally throws a tantrum.

The wife always goes:" God Bless em,... here's a cookie for the effort,.... ,-) "
Now,... James, Joshua or Timothy could be wright all along,.... but us old folks don't like tantrums after a hard days work.
And we prefer to ponder on matters concerning non-life threatening situations rather than make trigger happy decissions/mistakes.

HH
Johnb
February 26, 2013 06:42PM
My point is obvious and needs no explanation.
February 26, 2013 07:43PM
They removed mine and your replies quick to that post. I really despise people who take everyone else for an idiot. It's up to us to decipher what any detector is telling us. It's not a smoke and mirrors game as some try to pass to others who know better.
February 26, 2013 08:01PM
Yes, I noticed.
The Guv told me: "No bashing!"
Yet, that is exactly what Johnny Reb over there is doing to Tom.

I will repeat one my statements that were deleated.

"Barry you mean the "expert" who is a rock scientist w 42yrs of detecting experience...that guy?
February 26, 2013 08:19PM
My reply to the Guv got me banned. Lol Now I can just read Lol smoke and mirrors
February 26, 2013 08:57PM
Here's his response,
Guvner
And I've watched how the iknoweverything.com site works and it's hardly a credible place. More like every one I've ever kicked off findmall.
G
February 26, 2013 09:35PM
The "guv" is a bit strange, if you ask me. I have a tough time understanding him, kind of off the wall...could be me.
February 26, 2013 09:45PM
Mark twain once said " never argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to thei level then beat you with experience." I think that appleis in this case as i learned more in a 1 hour dvd made by the so called "florida expert " than i did in my first couple of years detecting.
February 26, 2013 09:48PM
Money changes everything.
February 26, 2013 10:26PM
They are in the business of misleading those new to the hobby to sell more ads. I've not visited the site in over a year - in fact it's annoying when people link to it here. It just contributes to his hits.
February 26, 2013 10:43PM
I ordered NasaTom's Inland DVD when I was early in this hobby. I shared it with detectorist who been detecting for 30 years. We ALL learned from it!!! When I excitedly slid that DVD into my PC and watched it start playing, Tom didn't waste time. He started with showing "non destructive recovery technique" and that scene comes to my mind every time I open the earth up to extract something. I still watch it. I watch how he swings. How he interprets signals. He has been FAR MORE beneficial to our hobby than many give him credit for. I have had phone consultations with Tom. He can almsot anticipate the next question and have it half answered before I even have to ask it. I will have more with him as his time permits. I want to be an intelligent detectorist. Tom is a man who loves the hobby/sport/pasttime. He didn't throw together a quick film so that he could cash in. His product is top shelf and he sticks to knowledge and promotes it.
When he makes a post, I try to ALWAYS respond with a "Great job" or "Good Work". Heck, he deserves it. When he test a machine....no matter what brand, and I have no secret agenda here, he is THOROUGH. It can be counted on to be as closely accurate and scientific as one can make it. He has made that his life. How many people can open up a detector and calibrate it and optimize it!!! Moreso, how many people who CAN do that also own a forum where maybe, one can get some feedback from that same man. Like it was this past summer and spring (2012.and before).
All I can say, is that I will do my part as a forum member, to add to the process of unification of the members of this forum. Spring is almost here. Let's look forward to some possible glints of silver. Or gold. Or red (old brass or wheat pennies) or green (old Indian heads after they stop making fatties, which seem to be red...or brown.)
Kas
February 27, 2013 12:11AM
Some folks Egos do not allow them to give praise where deserved. I'll put my money on Tom Dankowski in a hunt against anyone, and in an informational session on detecting and machines any day.......

Ken
February 27, 2013 12:36AM
Kas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I'll put my money on Tom
> Dankowski in a hunt against anyone, and in an
> informational session on detecting and machines
> any day.......
>
> Ken

I was thinking that the other day when I was hunting a site that was loaded with nails. It was the very first site that I had EVER found a Civil War relic and I still go there and hunt although it has been a while since I carried anything away. I even did some digging with a rare earth magnet!!! Tom told me what size to get. I dug like...four small pits and the magnet just LOADED UP on nails and especially little flakes of rust. the nails are so old that there are globs of rust on them, and rarely I find a whole nail. They are square nails. But I was thinking: I would give anything if I could pay Tom's fare up here and just turn him loose on this site. All I would do is video him. And then, I would carry him ovr to the yard where I dug three half dimes (stuck together) and a seated quarter, and a 1865 two cent piece, and a shiled nickel and ALOT of V Nickels. I have hunted it several times since without the first signal. Heck, he could keep what he finds. And have rights to the video. All I would want is one copy. And I would want to wear headphones connected to his so that i could hear what he was hearing. Well, actually he offers that deal but I would have to go to Floridee. I will someday. Right now I'm tied down with obligations. Ohhhhh but someday. I;ll be the one in the pic with headphones on and Tom is coaching me. I'd gladly pay my way down there. I just can't right now. But yes, Ken, I agree. I think I'll watch the Inland DVD again tonite when momma is in bed and I am having my ME time.
February 27, 2013 01:19AM
Jack, welcome to the Club. You're a card carrying member now. I'm a Premier member here, being booted off FM three times over five years.

it's hardly a credible place...

One of my buddies got booted off FM for posting a YouTube video with an embedded ad for a cell phone screen saver that one of his sponsors complained he might carry sometime in the future. Never mind that the poster had no knowledge of the embedded ad. Never mind that the item was not for sale by the sponsor.

it's hardly a credible place...
February 27, 2013 01:23AM
Jack doesnt have his "card" yet....we both got a group warning email.

No more bashing even on the "experts" or rather the: iknoweverything.com forum

Big Brothers watching....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 01:26AM by Aaron.
February 27, 2013 01:39AM
Y'all need to ease up on Gary Keithline. The Guv has a big job monitoring this forum, along with TreasureNet, Treasure Depot, and Geotech. And under no circumstances should you mention the Treasure Spot where all of his old time buddies left him after taking years of abuse.

A psychology student might say that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Add a regular monthly payment and it's a no-brainer for someone like Gary. Plus, those bug-out kits and survival seeds aren't getting any cheaper...
February 27, 2013 01:46AM
I tried to log in after I sent my reply but could not. No sweat off my testicles at all trust me. Talked with a couple of the sponsors over there and they aren't renewing their right to sell. I was trying to purchase another detector and told them about my“incident" today LOL
February 27, 2013 01:50AM
To me the test was a bit inconclusive. In all honesty, based on that one angle of sweep, I would have dig the target with either machine. Too much 'iffyness' in the signal . When in doubt, dig it up.

I would like to see a target swept at 45 degree angles, circling the target, in all video tests. If I ever came across a signal like that in real world hunting, I would have circled the target to get a better dig/no dig opinion.

The Smart and Gold look like interesting units. Seems the Deus has more options in terms of frequencies and it has target ID.

Horses for courses I guess.

I will say this...no matter how many new units will be made in the future, and how many Kevin B buys n tries, the Deus will still beat em all in Kevins hands !!! He just finds cool stuff with that machine.

Had to bust em on ya buddy !!! HA !
February 27, 2013 02:02AM
In reference to the above Finds link video, I would have dug that Deus target "chirp", and I think anyone with any kind of experience w the Deus would have. When your working, working and reworking old iron sites it gets to the point you start even diggin funny iron sounds like Keith has mentioned.
February 27, 2013 02:19AM
Smoke and mirrors, I'll try and do a video tomorrow for our viewing pleasure. It'll be a funny one!
February 27, 2013 03:13AM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I will say this...no matter how many new units
> will be made in the future, and how many Kevin B
> buys n tries, the Deus will still beat em all in
> Kevins hands !!! He just finds cool stuff with
> that machine.
>
> Had to bust em on ya buddy !!! HA !

That is quite alright my friend!!! Just for that....I'm going to take her out tomorrow and see if I can find the find of lifetime!!! But ya know, I really thought that I was learning the XP Deus. And I even caught myself wishing for Version Three to speed up and arrive. But I was talking to a Deus user on the phone the other day and realized.....I still have a MULTITUDE of stuff to learn about Version Two. I think it's about time to change some settings, and go back through ALL of my sites. But this time, I'll have a camera mounted on it. I wish that I had a camera mounted on it the day that I found the Golden Indian Princess!!!! I almost fainted. Had I been standing up, I would have collapsed!!! But I have full confidence that the Deus shaft has the solid build to support my tall lanky (but extremely good lookin') frame. lol!!!!
February 27, 2013 03:16AM
I wish you had a camera mounted on whatever it was you were using when you found that little yellow coin!
February 27, 2013 03:18AM
I was using my first Deus. I was in 18 khz. Reactivity of 3. Disc at 2.6
February 27, 2013 03:21AM
Oh yeah that's right, it's hard to keep track w you!

Find another one w DEUS II
February 27, 2013 04:40AM
That's the plan. But I have Deus 2 set up to pick out one with a good mint mark, and perhaps slightly larger face value, say.......$20. lol
February 27, 2013 06:57AM
((Darn,....

Don't you guys go fainting on me left and right at the sight of a gold coin Now !!
Get A Grip Men,...
Lesche diggers at the ready, Pinpointers Locked and loaded, Iron volume safety Off,...

Let those darned Targets have it,.....

We can't use GirlyMen in this outfit!!))

Trying to sound all Sheriff like.

Now, now, now,....
There is a place for findmall in this world.
If you feel all warm and cozy about a certain type of Tector, just go visit the specific section and read all about it.
Hey why not even make a post,... you aren't hurting anyone doing that.
No insults, no comparisons, no bad vibes,.... just be all civil and polite.
You might end up even giving someone a "good" idea,.... who knows.

HH
Johnb
February 27, 2013 11:11AM
Jack, I think the Guv made an honest mistake.  Just contact him directly here [www.abcdefghi.com]. He'll make it right.

“ I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today. ”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 05:44PM by wildwally1.
February 27, 2013 01:16PM

Now, now, now,....
There is a place for findmall in this world.
If you feel all warm and cozy about a certain type of Tector, just go visit the specific section and read all about it.
Hey why not even make a post,... you aren't hurting anyone doing that.
No insults, no comparisons, no bad vibes,.... just be all civil and polite.
You might end up even giving someone a "good" idea,.... who knows.

Meh. There's no place for liars and thieves anywhere. "Civil and polite" = complicit when dealing with those intentionally deceiving. You're just giving money to a jerk AND you're hurting anyone new to the hobby. True, verifiable testing is deleted on that site daily if it "might' anger a sponsor, AND mods post BS finds and dumb reviews (yes, dumb) to increase sales for their sponsors. You don't review a coil by showing 6 great coins and adding a story fit for a fashion magazine, or show a picture of a hole with loose, loamy soil with a coin sticking out of a hand packed mud ball (yes, dumb).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 01:17PM by Shambler.