Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-70 Pro Delivers !!

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-70 Pro Delivers !!
August 31, 2009 12:31AM
So far I'm impressed with the depth and stability of the CZ-70 compared to most of my other detectors. I had a nice hunt this morning using my CZ-70 at a park I've used some of my other detectors at and didn't find too much with them:

[www.findmall.com]

hh,
Brian
Re: CZ-70 Pro Delivers !!
August 31, 2009 01:24AM
VERY good! Are you able to run the Sens on '6' on your CZ-70....without much falsing? I want to see the back of the SLQ.
August 31, 2009 04:41AM
Thanks Tom.

I left the sensitivity at 4 and was running the 10.5" coil (I love that coil!!!). I'll try setting the sensitivity at 6 tomorrow to see how she runs. That park dates back to the mid 1800's, maybe I can squeeze an extra couple of inches if it'll run with the sens at 6 and pick up some pre-1900's coins ?

The CZ70 ran real well, I believe the multifreq really helps it handle the mineralized soil better then my chatterbox F70 :-) I run it with zero disc/notch, and have yet to dig a nail (although I can hear them).

The back of the SLQ has three stars under the eagle. I posted a pic of it on the Findmall posting.

Thanks and HH,
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 03:38PM by Cal_cobra.
Re: CZ-70 Pro Delivers !! Tom what do you use
August 31, 2009 03:15PM
Tom I had the CZ3 great machine and the CZ70 great machine but now that I have th F75 they seem so slow. And if I remember right they don't have VDI you dig the high tone and the tone down from that for older coins. Also it reads iron on a lot of targets that are masked and does not unmask even close to the F75.

I remember my friends had a CZ3 & CZ70 pro and they both got a iron hit and then I tried the same target and got a reading of a VDI 17 that would bounce to 57 I dug it and it was a nail and an Indian head. They told me they would be digging iron hits all day but could not find the energy to do that for too long.

I could never run them higher then say 4 less I wanted a lot of false tones. But now that I have the F75 I tried the CZ70 and CZ3 and they are too slow for me....What to you use when your F75 won't work in a given area? I think the CZ are great for Turf hunting but then the F75 has been the best for me because of the speed and how the DD can slice through trash.

What do you use. I know the EMI is a real problem with the F75 and for that reason I can see why someone would want a backup that can deal with that.

My friends CZ3 seems to never have a problem when I do.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 31, 2009 03:53PM
The F70/F75 are great machines, but I'm tired of being handicapped by EMI and mineralization when using them. The CZ is handling both with ease. It's not as fast, BUT if you want the deep stuff in parks you have to slow down no matter what machine your using, I'm willing to sacrifice a little speed for depth and better targets. I believe (from what I've read, and thus far in practice) that if you have the CZ set up properly you will, for the most part, not be digging iron. Some iron is inescapable, even on the F series or any other machine. The DD (on any machine) is more prone to seek iron (bottle caps come to mind) then a machine with concentric coils.

At any rate, each to their own, I just want a machine that will deliver the goods and the CZ70 thus far is doing a great job and is a welcome addition to my arsenal of detectors. It's also nice not to deal with the audio fatigue.

hh,
Brian
Different sens. parameters..
August 31, 2009 04:00PM
Newer CZ's such as the CZ3D and CZ70 pro tough to run sens. over 4 and still keep a stable unit..
Not to worry will still go as deep as older CZ's which one was able to get as high a 8 with the sens. settings...
August 31, 2009 05:02PM
very well put. I will take the cz70 over the f75 any day... The audio fatigue was gettin to me...
August 31, 2009 11:42PM
Concur. -Brian.....yes, 3-stars is what I was curious about. And '6' is as high as you can go...IRT the CZ-70. On some digital units, the difference between '4' vs. '6' is a few extra percent depth on dime=sized objects. CZ's are a wonderful 'stable' unit to hunt with. Minimal fatigue.