Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Making my Pro Gold headphones "wireless???"

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Making my Pro Gold headphones "wireless???"
March 01, 2013 04:56PM
Hi all.

I have a question about possible "wireless" capability for detector headphones.

My issue is, I want to keep using my SunRay Pro Gold headphones. What I'm wondering is if there is any "system" out there such that I can plug a small "transmitter" of some sort into my Explorer's headphone jack, and then clip a "receiver" to my belt -- into which I could attach my Pro Golds. This way, I would have the headphones "detached" from the machine, and yet could still use my Pro Golds, which I prefer.

I know interference, and delay, could be two possible issues...I know some who have tried various options have had "delay" issues. Is there anything out there that might work, that would be fairly inexpensive?

Thanks,

Steve
Re: Making my Pro Gold headphones "wireless???"
March 01, 2013 07:11PM
There's a system (single and triple freq options I recall) we have here in the U.K, made by Highland Innovations, they use 834MHz (or similar) FM frequencies, (intended for cordless microphone systems).
Here's a link:
[www.highland-innovation.com]
If you don't mind hacking, in order to fit your own phones, a popular (in the U.K) cheap 2.4GHz system is the Technet Rapoo setup.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 07:45PM by Pimento.
March 01, 2013 11:21PM
Pimento --

While I'm not much of a "hacker", that transmitter at that Highland Innovation site is exactly what I was thinking of in terms of the transmitter. If there is something like that out there with a receiver -- into which I could plug my Pro Golds, and attach the receiver to my belt, that would be perfect...

Steve
March 02, 2013 09:28AM
I would be interested in something like this too.
March 02, 2013 10:17AM
These Blaupunkt phones apparently work OK, though only a few people have tried them so far:
[www.zavvi.com]
And the TDK WR700 phones also work well, but have a potentially annoying feature of powering down if there's no sound for 2 minutes (I think the Blaupunkt ones also do this but it's 10 minutes)
March 02, 2013 04:44PM
One thing is for sure, you do not want anything that will power down by itself and you do not really want to use bluetooth.
March 02, 2013 11:24PM
Pimento -- thanks for the info on these headphones. These are along the lines of what I'm looking for. Except, I'd like to find just the transmit and receive portions -- so that I could plug in my Pro Gold headphones and use them. In other words, a wireless transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of my machine, and a wireless receiver with a headphone jack on it -- into which I'd plug my existing headphones...I'm so used to my Pro Gold headphones and how they sound, and I like them so well, that I don't want to switch headphones...

Steve
March 03, 2013 10:26AM
I don't know of any set-up like you wan't, the Rapoo hack would be the cheapest way to use your own phones - they are too flimsy for hard use as they come, being designed for light MP3 player type use.
The only other method I know of is to use a 'broadcast band' FM radio transmitter, and a matching FM radio with your phones plugged into that. The FM transmitters I will have to find a link, so you can see what I mean.
March 03, 2013 10:50AM
i've built a wireless system for my smart... out a simple sony wireless headphone who's runnig at 12 v... so can easy use with all deeptech detectors.

the video is in german but you can see what i have done...the quality is good.

[www.youtube.com]

regards
March 03, 2013 02:58PM
I'll check out these ideas, gentlemen. Thank you.

Nimmermehr -- my German is no longer good enough such that I'll be able to understand the audio in that clip, but I'll check it out...

Danke!

Steve