Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got about 8hours on the Blisstool now

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got about 8hours on the Blisstool now
March 02, 2013 08:33PM
Carried the Blisstool to a few turn of the century lots here in town I had received permission to detect on a couple of years ago. The houses have been long bulldozed. A lot of stuff was just buried in place. Myself and a couple of friends have flat blistered these places. Pulled a lot of old coins and a couple of silver rings. Old bricks, mortar and more iron as you would expect in an old area than you can imagine. Plain trashy period. I've read the Blisstool manual more times than I care to mention. The machine at first, just looking at it, is very intimidating. It's really not although I did need a cheat sheet on ground balancing the machine. The tough part was finding a place to ground balance. I had to go to the lot next door to find a place that was clear enough to achieve this. Pretty easy really and left the machine in auto. What I wasn't ready for was the amount of ferrous junk in the ground. Actually below the depth of the detectors we had blistered this place with. The audio, crackling of iron was very apparent. I hadn't moved five ft when I got my first conductive sound through all the crackling. Another thing I had not processed until this moment was just how deep the target was. My shovel blade is 13.5" long including the foot pads. I cut a plug that deep and the target was still in the ground. Xing the target pinpointing it was dead on. Dead center still in untouched dirt. I've removed old bricks mortar and nails digging several inches deeper until the target was out of the hole. It was now in the loose dirt and junk. The plug gave off the iron crackle sound. The hole that had been exposed did the same. My pinpointer guided me to an old brass piece off the top of a lamp or lantern. My first target with the tool. I've never dug anything that deep period with any of my detectors. With the machine it is either ferrous or conductive. I can see where it would be one heck of a relic machine. I dug several more conductive targets along with an old nickle and a rusted pulltab. I was taken back at the depth period. I'm tickled to death with the performance and the depth. The next day I carried it to one of our seriously hunted out freshwater beaches here in middle Ga. Dug a hand full of old beavertails and a couple of coins. We have found over 20 gold pieces off of this place. No gold today but the depth is really astounding even on the beavertails. At least half off them in the 12" plus range where my Deus just gives off a faint tone and reads 98 or 99. I actually gave up on several conductive targets in the sand. For what it's worth the targets I dug were all there or after a scoop of sand revealed themselves as being ferrous crackling. I'm gonna enjoy the Blisstool it looks like at this moment. DEEP period is the call of this machine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 12:04AM by Jack Flynn.
Re: Got about 8hours on the Blisstool now
March 02, 2013 11:48PM
Digging deep will wear you out ...especially in hard ground....

right now is not too bad, the ground is wet and soft here for the time being..

good luck with it..

Keiht
Re: Got about 8hours on the Blisstool now
March 03, 2013 04:31AM
I'll need my pick axe and long handled shovel come this summer!