Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Tom...Think you can talk Kellyco into letting you borrow this detector

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Tom...Think you can talk Kellyco into letting you borrow this detector
March 05, 2013 08:04PM
Nokta Velox one

Supposedly a dead copy of the GMP v4 in a ergo package...even has the same 3 tone's. same freq ...had to epoxy the board to cover up the component's.LOL

never Know though...I have seen videos of it running quite well on wet salt beach's..Might be low conductor dead though at that Ground setting..

has a nice LiPo battery pack also external...

Looks comfortable...

I might have to buy one . Not enough time is there!!

Keith
Re: Hey Tom...Think you can talk Kellyco into letting you borrow this detector
March 05, 2013 09:36PM
Hmmmmm. I'd want to perform a few showroom floor tests...... before real-world testing.
March 05, 2013 09:45PM
I saw those Vedios Keith on the beach.... he wasnt digging anything deep and all the targets were high conductors (coins). I think i posted that some where on here.

Dew
March 05, 2013 10:41PM
Hey Dew...

Yes just because they can get it to run in the salt does not mean it will perform...

I think the AT-PRO will run on wet salt somewhat but here it is dead on lower conductor's...

999.00 for a turkish detector seems whacky...

I played with a Nokta once and it was not very promising...but a copy of a GMP could be promising ...if the engineers Know how to add something extra to it?

Keith
March 05, 2013 11:07PM
The AT Pro will actually run on SOME wet saltwater beaches ....It will ground balance down to about 14 or so ......When we were testing out the AT Pro , and the CZ21 and a modded Excal , along with a Soveriegn , the AT Pro actually did better on a particular Saltwater wet sand beach on smaller gold than the Sovereign and the Excal did .......It even beat out my buddies ETrac !!.....That was a wild day of testing ..... COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD !!!.....Jim
March 05, 2013 11:17PM
Good to know Jim...

Those AT-PRO are a lot of detector for the money for sure...

They spent some time on the audio with that one...

If they ever opened up the iron range into wider resolution it would be right up at the top in unmasking I do believe...Add a iron volume control too!!

Humm sounds like a new Garrett 2500 replacement... Never know do we !!

It might unmask better than anything we have seen yet if the iron resolution was expanded with that blendy audio it offers to boot!

I like the way you can manipulate the ground bal. on it several points in bad dirt and still hunt..

Keith
Very expensive for a copy of the GMP, as you say, even if better built.
March 06, 2013 01:01PM
The GMP is 18 khz :-)