Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ghost towns,mining camps----Detector ?

Posted by Elbert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ghost towns,mining camps----Detector ?
March 06, 2013 12:04AM
What is your preferred detector for hunting Ghost towns,mining camps and stage stops,etc. that are iron infected. The iron size at these locations can very as you all know.

I was told that the Vista Gold would be a good choice if the iron was only small but we know that is not the case.

Thanks for your info.
Re: Ghost towns,mining camps----Detector ?
March 06, 2013 01:37AM
Well, that's exactly what I hunt...I'm smack dab In the center of the motherload. Past year or two I have been using the gb pro, at pro and original bandido. I bought a vista gold , but only have about 15 hours on it so far. I only had priblems at one site so far.. could not for the life of me find a spot to ground balance. I was only there for short time before unepected circumstances cut it short. Big iron has not been a problem, its easy to I.d. like the way you can massage a good signal out of trash, similar to at pro or sovereign, but even sweeter, if that makes sense. It will hit pieces of rusted cans and call them good, but so does the gb pro. I'm waiting till I get a few more long hunts in before I give a detailed report. Ray
March 06, 2013 07:02AM
Thanks Ray.

Appreciate your knnowledge and input.

Your in the motherload so that puts me about 2.5 to 3.0 hrs from you(Hollister).

If my memory serves me, didn't you give me some info on settings for the G2? If so, have you used it at your sites?

Thanks,

El
March 06, 2013 01:43PM
I knew that name sounded familiar...you hunt with Ji....m , and Paul don't you? I think I met ya once or twice, the kinzli get togethers. I have the gb pro, same thing I believe as the G2. Definitely a good choice for the sites you mention. Good luck to ya, Ray