Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Save your pennies boys.

Posted by Streak! 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Save your pennies boys.
September 12, 2009 01:01AM
there is a new kid on the block, and its coming soon! (real soon)
DEEPER, and with a cool new look. if you love your F75, you may want to get that christmas list made out early this year, because your gonna want one of these!!
Streak!
Re: Save your pennies boys.
September 12, 2009 03:12AM
Well that will be fun to start reading new post the V3 is really gettting boring what a way to end the summer.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 12, 2009 03:15AM
September 12, 2009 04:03AM
Lawrenzo......your wish is coming true. And this is the wish of MANY!

I'll keep you guys posted.
September 12, 2009 05:13AM
hope they tackled,and maybe solved the emi issues!..that would be terrific along with the new depth potential!
Jeb
September 12, 2009 10:01AM
It comes with TWO coils. An 11in DD ,and a 5 in . Its also decked out in CAMO colors.
See it here > [www.detectorist.co.uk] You may have to register but its free to register. (hope this is OK to point to Tom)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 10:13AM by Jeb.
preliminary tests show it to be signifigantly deeper.
September 12, 2009 11:20AM
with no added noise or instability over the origonal F75.
It will still have the standard modes, but will include the Cache and deep mode, camo finish, and will ship with the 5" Dd included. it also has a new more robust processor. I have quite a few field sites where they havent plowed in years, and this machine will turn em all on again. We are talking about signifigant depth increases! I wont quantify the actual depth increase,(this will vary depending on target and conditions) but a LOT of targets undetectable in the standard modes are retrievable in boost. Its definately a keeper........... Streak!
Jeb
September 12, 2009 01:40PM
Thing is though Streak, you know, and i know ,Deeeeeeep doesn`t come without its problems. Signal distortion ,and unstable target recognition for one.Especially in highly mineralized ground .
But this does wet my appetite ,so i will be watching it s reviews with great interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 01:43PM by Jeb.
September 12, 2009 02:03PM
A new F75 and football season what more could i ask for
September 12, 2009 03:28PM
Tom we are all waiting for you to check it out....We are all waiting to find out if it is that big of a change deeper, fastet, better unmasking? Control if and when needed?

It is funny now that they have added more depth do we get better VDI readings a way to control the EMI is the new code faster Tom you have to get your hands on one and give us the skinny on it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 03:34PM by Lawrenzo.
September 12, 2009 03:41PM
I think Fisher is putting there neck on the line on this one
The ad clearly states it is a deeper unit
Hope thy are correct.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 08:50PM by gman.
September 12, 2009 09:28PM
IF FT doesn't address the EMI issues on the T2 LTD and F75 LTD then these new machines will be a waste of money for most areas I hunt.

I assume they use the same coils as their T2 & F75 predecessors?

Streak where are these preliminary tests coming from?

Keeping my fingers crossed they addressed the EMI issues !!
September 12, 2009 09:32PM
Streak, ........ sounds like you have been testing one for quite some time. Fill us in!!! How is EMI & depth on known targets?

I'll commence testing a proto F75 in approx 1 week.

Jeb, --- not a problem.

Tom
Anyway of upgrading present F75?
September 13, 2009 01:11AM
Anyway of upgrading present F75?
Re: Anyway of upgrading present F75?
September 13, 2009 06:48AM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyway of upgrading present F75?

Hmmm...I would assume these upgraded T2/F75 LTD machines have something to do with Tom's survey smiling smiley

If the microprocessor has been upgraded to a faster CPU then it would appear that at a minimum a CPU transplant as well as a code upgrade would be required (unless they simply overclocked the stock CPU, definitely a possibility).

I wish Fisher wasn't so secretive about their tectors, I mean it's not like their NASA or anything :/)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 06:52AM by Cal_cobra.
September 13, 2009 07:04AM
The problem for us here in the UK, is that normally Dollars = Pounds, not always the case as it is up to the dealers...but it is usually the norm.

It would therefore make a very expensive upgrade at the moment.
September 13, 2009 04:45PM
So many things to say......not enough time! Soooooo......a few thoughts. EVEN the Mfr may not know of the side-effects of the new upgrades.....as far as REAL WORLD dirt conditions are concerned. Ironically, some of the side-effects may/can turn out to be a primary attribute.
I think this one is for LCPM. The T2 was THE 'Revolutionary' concept release. Then.....a couple of years later, the F75 was a 'Evolutionary' resultant/spin-off of the T2. Taking the F75 directly behind the T2 in the real world.... in many cases, .... SO many more targets were 'lit-up' because the F75 is a deeper unit. BUT.....the ironic portion is the fact that MANY of the desired targets were WELL within range of the T2....but the T2 could not 'see' these targets. The F75 had the power (Sens/Gain) to see these targets in a moderately masked scenario. This also is to say (again & again) that the F75 performs better with TOO much Sens utilized (a paradoxical contradiction). The LTD F75 should have the same resultant over a standard/older F75.

More in a few moments.
September 13, 2009 06:04PM
Well Tom till you get you hands on it and test it in iron and around EMI and can test the F75 next to it we are all hanging on the outcome. Well I know I am!

Bill Lad has not said a thing and not any real info had been released except what the PR depeartment wrote. More depth is cool but what about the new faster code would that be so fast that it would see through iron better. Like have multy freq or am I way off base here? We will just have to wait and see what you think since you are the only one that picked up on all of the tricks the F75 could do.... I am ready for take off 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, come on Tom get you hands on one and let see what she can do!!

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 13, 2009 06:55PM
I'll have a proto here in the near future. I must exercise prudence as to what is reported .... pertaining to a 'proto'; hence, why it's a proto.
Mfr's are not perfect. Dave & John care about getting the latest/greatest invention into our hands as quick as possible....sometimes to the point (due to excitement) of NOT covering all bases IRT everyone's "feelings". Their concern is 'electronics', inventions, concepts, real world results........ but not as much focus on the "feelings" of folks or the 'marketing' aspect. They are engineers....and focus on engineering. They do their best to cover ALL bases, but are not infallible. We are humans..... can get our feelings 'touched'....... because they did not/can not please everyone's personal needs. It may not be financially feasable to config the FTP Mfr plant for a moderately large internal upgrade....... including the fact that many microprocessors are ROM (read-only memory) and do not lend themselves to 'upgrades'.

Let's wait till some real field testing takes place to see if the unit is indeed faster.....indeed deeper. Speculation sure is fun.... but I am a person of 'cold reality'. . . . Hard facts.

I will also say this; IF this unit truly has greater depth in many applications.....and IF the unit exceeds the "1-foot" mark on a dime..... this will be a REVOLUTIONARY accolade. Nair once have we been able to do this in our detecting history. Approx c1990......... we had CZ's, White's 6000Di pro's, Soverign XS's, Nautilus DMC's, 1266X's.... and plenty of other detectors for the past 20 years that have been able to encroach the 12" mark on a dime..... but NEVER exceed this plateau. To bust thru this 1-foot barrier will be a near-field revolutionary historic land-mark.....that would surely religate nearly all other detectors enmass to e-bay. I still believe the Explorer will handle severe dirt better.....but the new F75 will be a 'final' trump-card that all other Mfr's will become in the 'follow' mode. The current F75 is nearly this status. I would like to finally lay the CZ to rest (except for salt beach). Currently, I employ a CZ w/10.5" coil for low trash open fields where max depth is required. The F75 in open fields is "almost" exactly the same deep depths as the 10.5" CZ..... but not quite. Low conductors....the F75 is on top. Copper/Silver...the CZ is trump. This is to say that I carry (every time I go into the field) a 10.5" CZ, a F75..... and an additional F75 as a back-up..... should the primary one fail.

IF the new F75 LTD is substantially (interpretive wording) deeper...... and the unit is still called the F75; ; ; seems to me this would be a incorrect title/name...due to the revolutionary breakthrough. Simply just one more inch on a dime would certainly open up ALL old/hunted out detecting sites. All of the shallow stuff will have been combed through..... and only the deeper (more desirable/valuable) items will come to light.

I specifically chose the name CZ-70 because the unit was a improved (but continuation) digital 7/7a/7a Pro..... and it was FRL's 70-year anniv. The F75 was Fisher's 75'th anniv. And should a newer F75 with yet additional improvements come to pass..... it very well (and logically) may be called the F80 (80-yr anniv of Fisher). Applaud the new technology.....with the understanding that it may not be absolutely perfect....for absolutely everyone. GET THAT TECHNOLOGY OUT THE DOOR into the real world in our hands.... and work on the finite details later. We'll deal with our emotions, address them.... and have fun with them along the way!

LOOKS like Dave & John are on the road to being SEVERAL notches beyond the rest of the world & other Mfr's.

Tom