Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista Gold Boost question

Posted by Badger in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista Gold Boost question
March 07, 2013 05:10AM
Is the Boost feature on the Vista Gold just an audio boost or does it actually boost the power to increase depth and improve separation ability?

If Boost improves performance, what would be a reason for not using it? Bad ground? EMI?
Re: Vista Gold Boost question
March 07, 2013 06:19AM
It does more than boost the audio...

it increases gain depth etc...

Some area my require less ..Like trash ....mineral...EMI...Etc...

It will cut your battery life in half also...

Keith
March 07, 2013 06:20AM
You have answered your own question. :-)
March 07, 2013 06:28AM
Good answers Keith. I have to say that I am approaching 25 hours on my first set of batteries and on boost most of the time. Happy with finds, depth, and battery life. It really kills small brass buttons on my relic sites, although I do not think my soil is quite as bad as yours. Good questions Badger.
March 07, 2013 11:48AM
Good to know. Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't sure because I thought I heard Kieth say in one of his videos that it was just an audio boost, but in my first test runs, it seemed to give a big boost in depth.

I'm going to run Boost all the time then, unless conditions demand that I turn it off.

Shorter battery life is a small price to pay for performance.
March 07, 2013 01:45PM
Food-for-thought:

Vista Gold: Boost 'on' with Sens '40'. OR Boost 'off' with Sens '45'.
F75 SE/LTD: Boost process (bp) with Sens '60' OR No boost process with Sens '90'.
March 07, 2013 02:06PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Food-for-thought:
>
> Vista Gold: Boost 'on' with Sens '40'. OR
> Boost 'off' with Sens '45'.
> F75 SE/LTD: Boost process (bp) with Sens '60'
> OR No boost process with Sens '90'.

Does that mean that the Boost isn't necessary with higher sensitivities?

Is using Boost with high sensivities counter productive?

In a few days I'll be doing some first hunts around some very hunted out iron infested cellar holes. What are the best seperation settings to try with the Vista Gold as far as Boost, Tones, Sensitivity, Disc, etc?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2013 06:47PM by Badger in NH.
March 07, 2013 03:56PM
I like boosted 50 in bad dirt ..in good dirt 45...bad dirt while swinging stops the top end chatter
March 07, 2013 06:45PM
I don't understand what either of you are trying to tell me.
March 07, 2013 07:39PM
I like to set mine up boost on. 2 tone .disc set to first large tick.sens as mich as you can handle..
Make sure your disc knob is set equal same amount of tavel from noon going left and right..when I got.mine they were off and I had to set them right all of them...the knobs will keep turning after the stop so you can get off and your settings can vary ffom mine to yours like that...

I keep an eye on thatfor each hunt and make sure my end points have not moved...of they do re adjust tokeepthings in alingment..

I was saying that most all the hyper noise you hear above 45 sens will go away upon swinging in more harsh dirt.
Ingood dirt the noise may remain and require reduced to 45 ...

Keith
March 07, 2013 07:44PM
Think of the word BOOST for a minute ......Picture the deer in the headlights scenario .....

If your ground is full of trash and it's noisy .....What do you think would happan if you boosted your power ? .......Probably more noise than you started with !!

IIf your ground was had average mineralization , and you boosted the power , you would probably go deeper

I would think that if the noise from EMI was present that when htting the boost mode, it would be consieraby noisier .....

If you're in an area whereby "boost " will work for you , make sure you have extra batteries in case you need them ......Good Luck .....Jim
March 07, 2013 11:23PM
I think you mean headlights in the FOG scenario but I understand.
March 07, 2013 11:33PM
HAHAHAHAHAA......Yes, you're right ......I almost hit a deer last night , I guess it's still TOO fresh in my head ......You catch my drift though ......Thanks.....Jim
March 08, 2013 10:33AM
Headlights in the fog. One always hears that but think of this guy, what do you do in the fog?? You drive slow. If you then pass this on to detecting you will still get the same awesome results. It sure works on the FSB units from Minelab. In other words, slow down on hot spots.