Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ Iron Disc Mod ?

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ Iron Disc Mod ?
September 13, 2009 09:10AM
I was reading all the old findmall forum CZ70 posts, and ran across a post whereas a gentlemen claims that by adding a 0.01µF cap between the white lead on the RX side of the coil and ground (he has a switch to switch it on/off), that he gets better iron disc results making the CZ machines great relic hunters. This is what he claims:

"Hello,
I use a CZ70 and an CZ7a. Great deep seeking machines. But they have a problem with the strong iron-disk. I ask Fisher but they don`t want help me. They say the knowledge is protected. So i make many tests to reduce the iron disk in the electronic circuit. I find now the right way to reduce the iron disk. Little and medium nails give the low tone. Bigger iron parts give the higher tones. I test it in the field with great results. It is now a real relic detector. With a switch i can change between the new and the old attitude. Only the tones shift, but that is no problem :biggrin:

In the old attitude little or older coins give a low tone when they are deep. Now it´s better to find them."

Anyone every try this?

Thanks,
Brian
Re: CZ Iron Disc Mod ?
September 13, 2009 12:03PM
Brian i read that post afew months ago but im not
bold enough to try it
September 13, 2009 07:02PM
Looking at the prints..... this very well may be true. The iron Disc is a factory 'fixed' set-point.....somewhat arbitrarily high. Lowering this set-point surely will unmask more. Remember, the CZ does NOT have 'adjustable' iron-Disc. It's all-or-nothing. HENCE; the criticallity of ADJUSTABLE iron Disc. This is where the F75 (and T2) come into play. Not only do they have a very finite, high resolution iron Disc; but also have a MUCH faster microprocessor and a extremely tight electromagnetic footprint DD coil. With the advent of the T2/F75... it has become so evident (almost surreal) as to the criticallity of coil design.... especially IRT footprint.

Tom
September 14, 2009 04:17AM
This iron disc mod has me interested, it would be a super simple mod. A small switch could easily be mounted at the rear of the case. When the iron disc mod poster states that small iron would give a low tone (normal iron grunt tone), but larger iron would produce a higher tone, do you believe this would be the foil tone? If I understand his mod correctly it would effectively be like adding a second iron notch?

Are there any other CZ70 mods you can share with me? (PM is fine :-)

Thanks,
Brian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 09:53AM by Cal_cobra.
September 14, 2009 09:43PM
Depending upon the value of the component installed.....it'll dictate HOW much iron Disc will be employed. The smaller iron items would remain a low tone..... and the larger iron items would then produce the next higher conductive bracket/tone; that being 'foil'.