Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No luck at the beach

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
No luck at the beach
March 10, 2013 08:00PM
well got there at the beach , little after high tide my wife and son take off with the g-2 and i had the smart well hadn't been on the beach 5 minutes and rogue wave came in to them and gotthem all wet up to there waist madder then a wet hen gave me back my machine and gave her back the smart because the salt content was really bad couldn't get to G/B at all so hunted with the g-2 left with a penny and that was my day, I think i'm going to stay away from beaches i never fair well at all on them, but on the cheary note it was nice to swing again!
Re: No luck at the beach
March 10, 2013 09:36PM
Man - a stinkin penny for all that work/hassle and grief!?

Not too sure how well the beaches on the coast produce this time of yr (not too good from what I hear) but if ya wanna find gold - as I'm sure you know - you can't beat the beach/shallow water :-)

We're still thawing out up here in Michigan but a trip to the big lake is in the near future here for me (waiting for my cz6a to arrive on Wed in replacement of my cz20) and it as well as the AT Pro will be going for a spin on the beach before too many others get the same idea!

HH and better luck out there next time AMC!

MRH
March 10, 2013 09:41PM
Hey thanks there MRH yeah blasted snow still on the ground managed a few digs in the yard yesterday i could dig up to 4" inches okay then was solid again
March 10, 2013 10:11PM
Brandon which beach did you go to, didn't see you on the webcam? HaHa
March 10, 2013 11:29PM
I ended up going to salisbury beach wern't there long then again wife and son were like having a couple of handicaps there wanted to get there earlier but no such luck the whole family thing for me detecting is a pain its one of those loner hobbies for me unless with skilled others
March 11, 2013 03:27AM
Sorry you had a bad day AMCJAVELIN. I went to Wrightsville Beach, N.C. today. found a trough with lots of lead sinkers. Found three pieces of silver jewelry but no gold. Great weather, about seventy degrees and beach was surprisingly crowded. Took two newbies with me. Sure wish I could have showed them a little gold, but not meant to be today. No matter, it was a good day.
March 12, 2013 10:28PM
Unfortunately with the price of gold...beaches are being hit heavy and certainly cuts down on good finds...
March 12, 2013 11:15PM
Not to mention the fact that less is gold is being worn by beachgoers because of its high price.

However, I am noticing the price of gold falling steadily over ther past months.

Nothing huge and its value is still very high when compared to six or seven years ago, but it is coming down.
go back, I heard
March 13, 2013 12:31AM
that a lot of erosion has happen south of OOB, in the Portland area sand was added, but all the guys down to Jersey are saying hunting is good
March 13, 2013 01:14AM
yeah you got to have the right tool also and well the g-2 doesn't have the greatest depth at times plus i using a the eliptical coil too which i'm not sure if i'm going to like but we'll see later with more experience