Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The curtain has been pulled back...there is no wizard - only a Gold Bug 2 getting smacked by a Vista GOLD...

Posted by Anonymous User 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Yes - there is a brand new video to watch but first I need to vent...I've read false claims too many times in the last 2 weeks....certain machines are good for this and just not suited for that...I won't bore you with the repeated posts except for just 1:

"Just finished 'micro-jewelry' hunting & testing with the Vista Gold. It is not a micro-jewelry hunter. One of the many tests performed: Using a test-standard single post gold earring..... and the Vista Gold will detect the target at less than 1".... with a very broken signal...... "
" The Vista Gold is a extreme niche detector....... and micro-jewelry is not it."
"In summation, the Vista Gold..... is not for micro-jewelry gold)."

Some here have said "believe nothing what you read and half of what you hear"...I like to say believe 100% of what you see..........and I ain't seen nothing to support the above statement........

So I just watched another brand new video. It's a shootout between the Gold Bug -2 and the new entry that DeepTech Vista GOLD. It had to be done. It's like telling me your wife is hotter than mine...let's compare the pictures............

Yea...that crew of a few (here) can call me barryny or even a shill - who cares whatever........but I'm not selling nothing here......I'm proving a point about a machine. I show it like I see it.

I WANT THE TRUTH - can you all handle the TRUTH??? So watch for yourself and make up your own minds. After all......seeing truly is believing..........

Again - you can spend your day out detecting looking to find an earring back worth $3 at 1" with the Gold Bug -2 while missing a $5000 gold engagement diamond ring at 10"...you guys with the Gold Bug -2...please do me a favor - clean out all those $3 pieces of tiny gold jewelry and all the pulltabs too. Then I'll go in and get ALL the deeper chains and ALL the deeper diamond studs and of course ALL of the diamond rings - that you missed cause you just can't see them...

It's time to watch and learn...PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO 'INFOMERCIALS' ON THIS FORUM!!!
Hmmmm.

Well, I did watch the video. What did I learn?

The operator does not know how to tune a Gold Bug 2 for maximum sensitivity, negating the value of the tests. The machine was run in "Normal" mineralization setting. The "Low" mineral setting reduces the autotune rate and boosts the gain on the Gold Bug 2, and is significantly more sensitive than the Normal setting. So although the operator continually points out that the Gold Bug 2 is running at max sensitivity it is in fact not. I almost never run in any setting other than Low mineral, even in high mineral environments.

The video does attempt to illustrate that the Gold Bug 2 has poor overall depth on larger targets, something well known in nugget hunting circles. Maybe news to some here but not to me.

The Vista Gold does seem to do well overall. Too bad a Gold Bug 2 had to be drug into the test as running it improperly tends to make me question the motive behind the test. If it was simply a demonstration of the Vista alone doing what it did I would have been more favorably inclined towards the results.

It is interesting how Barry stated plainly he would find somebody to take his place, and the day after he is gone you magically appear, posting all the same links to the same videos. Coincidence? Perhaps. The strident response does not help. Can I handle the truth? Seriously?

The truth is I am not ditching my Gold Bug 2 in favor of a Vista Gold. I may get a Vista Gold to take advantage of what it does well, but supplanting the Gold Bug 2 in what it does well is not going to be one of those things.

Steve Herschbach
DetectorProspector.com
Steve - you're a respected guy...no one told anyone to not get a GB-2 for micro flakes - go knock yourself out in the AK gold fields finding them...

Based on your comments - I told them about it and asked that the test be redone on "Low" - I'm sure there was no malice...The results will be shown good, bad or ugly.

I laugh when people say I'm Moe, Barry, or Curly. I've spoken to Barry and what I do know is that from the 100 people that have spoken to him he will take a call at 8am on a Sunday or 9pm at night...he loves this hobby and that's why he created the Artifact Detecting Team program to put detectorists in a better "light"...

Times are tough financially for many people - and for the one's where it's not tough - I'd venture to say they're not metal detecting...so for guys that can't afford 3, 5 or 9 machines - they need something versatile - a machine that can separate in iron like no one's business (heralded as the next great detecting frontier), find high and low conductors at 10"+...find gold chains in dry sand at over 3"...gold studs in dry sand at over 5" and even gold rings in dry sand at over 10"...

I'm not selling anything...I'm just stating something.....

Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm.
>
> Well, I did watch the video. What did I learn?
>
> The operator does not know how to tune a Gold Bug
> 2 for maximum sensitivity, negating the value of
> the tests. The machine was run in "Normal"
> mineralization setting. The "Low" mineral setting
> reduces the autotune rate and boosts the gain on
> the Gold Bug 2, and is significantly more
> sensitive than the Normal setting. So although the
> operator continually points out that the Gold Bug
> 2 is running at max sensitivity it is in fact not.
> I almost never run in any setting other than Low
> mineral, even in high mineral environments.
>
> The video does attempt to illustrate that the Gold
> Bug 2 has poor overall depth on larger targets,
> something well known in nugget hunting circles.
> Maybe news to some here but not to me.
>
> The Vista Gold does seem to do well overall. Too
> bad a Gold Bug 2 had to be drug into the test as
> running it improperly tends to make me question
> the motive behind the test. If it was simply a
> demonstration of the Vista alone doing what it did
> I would have been more favorably inclined towards
> the results.
>
> It is interesting how Barry stated plainly he
> would find somebody to take his place, and the day
> after he is gone you magically appear, posting all
> the same links to the same videos. Coincidence?
> Perhaps. The strident response does not help. Can
> I handle the truth? Seriously?
>
> The truth is I am not ditching my Gold Bug 2 in
> favor of a Vista Gold. I may get a Vista Gold to
> take advantage of what it does well, but
> supplanting the Gold Bug 2 in what it does well is
> not going to be one of those things.
>
> Steve Herschbach
> DetectorProspector.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 09:06PM by love2detect.
Does he take trade INs
March 14, 2013 05:09PM
Does he take trades

I have almost a brand new Smart ....

Barry sold me ......

maybe he has a almost New gold to trade + abit or two

Let me know.....

other wise it is for sale ....

Happy Trails

jimpugh

"Git Thar Firstus Wid De Mostus"

XP Gold max Power V4, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, XP DEUS....Gold Bug SE, T2 LTD, F75 LTD,CZ5, Garret VLF/Tr 500, Original Silver Saber, Silver Saber Plus, 6000DiProXL, Toltec,Toltec II, Stingray,
Stingray II, 2 each Baracuda, Original Sovereign, Sea Search Excal, Excal 1000, Red Heat Big Box XD17
Red Heat XD17 Micro,E-Trac, Gold Scan 6, Aqua Star,Gold mountain 1650,Gold mountain King Cobra, Vision 3i, Metrotech 220a, Garret Coin Commander freedom One.......I sure i left 3 or four like my Gardinier, Nautilas4, Datona....etc....Ive really lost count of what's laying here and there in my room...

My AirrrCanes, Garret PRO pinpointer And a Big Shovel!
"Times are tough financially for many people - and for the one's where it's not tough - I'd venture to say they're not metal detecting...so for guys that can't afford 3, 5 or 9 machines - they need something versatile - a machine that can separate in iron like no one's business (heralded as the next great detecting frontier), find high and low conductors at 10"+...find gold chains in dry sand at over 3"...gold studs in dry sand at over 5" and even gold rings in dry sand at over 10"... "

Sales pitch if I ever heard one.

The Vista Gold is not versatile. It is a niche machine for a tiny market. Your average park hunter would hate it.

Steve Herschbach

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 05:21PM by Steve Herschbach.
Gosh, if I've learned anything on this forum it's to be more objective about detectors--each with its own personality-- with its strengths and weakness' that you learn. I've seen many small detectors perform like David to Goliath just because they are suited to that one cause. I think GMAN and I have our F75 SE to get our depth, but we also have our G2's to conquer other more specific things that a large complex detector just can't (or hasn't) been fine- tuned enough to do. I like the G2 because it has the screen but I think, and correct me of I'm wrong, has the wiring of a gold- bug2. Gman and I also both have 13" coils for the g2 to overcome some of the depth loss. I'm just saying I truly appreciate how everyone here talks constructively and respectfully about detectors. I almost never hear the word "beat". Because every detector has its weakness.
Jim, What detector(s) did better in your conditions?

Ive been comparing the smart w/11" round coil to the deus w/9" in the iron, and Im not seeing anything earth shattering from the smart. the smart does handle emi a little better in some sites and the smooth tone is nice. But shes a heavy girl compared to the deus
A good sales pitch would be to lower the Gold Vista to $500.
It just might be the machine that will do it all like we have been hoping for decades to come on the market! Until the next one comes on the market, about 3 months the way this is going................
"It's like telling me your wife is hotter than mine...let's compare the pictures............ "

Ever hear of PhotoShop ?

In this day and age, you can make anything look like anything, and in the case of metal detecting vidoes, it's the same thing.

Bottom line is, the only TRUE way to test head to head, is to have each unit set up optimally for the test. You cannot have one unit balls to the walls, and another unit at less than average. Does not work.

The target in question has to be a target that is NOT planted, and is in its original state, with any other garbage or masking target near it, still near it.

I don't care what anyone says, if you KNOW a certain target is there, and are biased towards one unit over another, your favorite unit will hit that target better than the other one no matter what. You may have to sweep at a particular angle or speed, set the unit up on the threshold of instability, use a different coil, etc. But your favorite unit WILL hit that target. But guess what....in a real world hunt, you may not even hear that target and if you do, it may sound so crappy, you would not dig it.

To me, the vidoes out there that give me the most info, are the ones showing a SINGLE unit, in the field, hunting real world targets. Anything else for me is garbage. And the comparison videos on planted targets are the worst in the sense that they give the least amount of pertinent information for real world applications.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
microhunting
March 14, 2013 09:01PM
Last week when I had the Vista gold on the beach, I thought I was microhunting.... I was digging up tiny bits of aluminum crud 4" deep. Ugh.
If you have a deus you dont need a smart!

Keith
Re: Does he take trade INs
March 14, 2013 09:09PM
The gold for picking in iron is the best deeptech..

If you have a gmp they are very close...

In mineral the gold seems to have slight depth advantage over the gmp but in neutral dirt the are about equal.

The gold and the gmp are a tad bit hotter than a deus on 18kHZ not much but you can tell they are dedicated to their freq ...deus seems manipulated yet works awesome just a tad off.

Keith
In my bad dirt vlfs dont micro hunt well..

I actully dig smaller stuff easier with a pulse machine...and thry ate not even hot on small stuff..

Keith
Here's my two cents I wouldn't have a detector that is only two toned with very little to no discrimination, I don't like digging trash especially in dirt now on the beach I might would dig more but I don't live close enough to the beach to need one. Relic hunting is another area the deeptech might excell at but again with out id I will just keep my old Fisher 1265x if I want a beep and dig machine and the depth of it and the deeptech isn't far enough apart to justify getting a deep tech and the old 1265x has better discrimination. I may be a little bias in saying this but I'd rather buy an a American made machine like Fisher,Garrett, Whites, & Tesoro and keep people at work here in the states!
March 14, 2013 09:20PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> The gold and the gmp are a tad bit hotter than a
> deus on 18kHZ not much but you can tell they are
> dedicated to their freq ...deus seems manipulated
> yet works awesome just a tad off.
>
> Keith

Thank you sir for that analysis. Being on the fence between the two ( VG or Deus), it seems to me the Deus has more options and can hunt in more applications. Being it is wireless and super light puts it in the winning column for me ( love my E-Trac but it kills my shoulder and elbow after 2 hours and at this stage in my life, I like to hunt more with less pain !). One more try with the E-trac and then it's probably on the chopping block.

Looks like I am gonna get a Deus soon, but not sure if I need to wait on V3.
My dilemma is I need the deepest iron discriminating machine that can ALSO detect deep silver. Now I know my F75 SE does that, but I know (because I witnessed) the Gold is better at iron discrimination than the f75----BUT does not go anywhere near as deep as the F75 on silver... So do I just stick with the 75 and use my G2 in my iron or is there a deeper discriminator for silver? I'm not happy if I have to go blow $800....sad smiley
Sales pitch..come on...it's my opinion.........I'm entitled........

Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> "Sales pitch if I ever heard one."

And the below - your entitled to your opinion about market size...even Tom is pontificating that the next great detecting opportunity is unlocking sites infested with iron - and this machine just does great in that environment.....I'm discovering that the more I use it. Please get one and try it for yourself.......you may enjoy it...

For parks - I will actually agree...I would never take it to a park...most people would hate half the machines made for using in a park...
The only machine I would use for a park is a Minelab CTX/E-Trac..cause without target ID I'd never waste a second of my time in a park and the Minelabs have the best target ID bar none...luckily I don't need to hunt parks.......

So if your opinion is the Vista Gold is a niche machine for a "tiny" nugget of a market...then my opinion is the GB-2 is a niche machine for a flake of a market...after what I just watched..of course just each our own opinions...so ne need to take this any further.........
>
> "The Vista Gold is not versatile. It is a niche machine for a tiny market. Your average park hunter would hate it."
> Steve Herschbach
I personally would like to see a comparison with the deep tech RELIC and F-75 in a deep silver comparison 8khz vs 13khz in all types of soil now grant you the relic is probably not going to have the recovery speed of the f-75, but on a dime all out depth i think it will match it in mild soil conditions to little a hot just my thought
Keith Southern Wrote:
> If you have a deus you dont need a smart!
>
> Keith

Im beginning to see that now. The air test video sure did make the smart look good, but actually comparing "in the dirt" theres not much to write home about, yet.....I'll run the 11x7 elip coil the next few times and see if that makes any difference. I DO like the smarts audio. I DONT like the weight/balance of it compared to the deus. Im curious about that smaller elip thats rumored to come out. That could be a game changer, then again, maybe not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 10:21PM by silversurfer.
This guy just wont give up!!! Go start your own forum and toot your own horn with your videos all u want.... We saw all this with u when u started your righteous Blisstool campaign not long ago. Now its the vistas whats next?? Why dont u (Barryny/love2detect) post vids or discuss other detectors besides vistas...oh thats right you sell those my bad. Let it go. Paul
I saw plenty of video those guys make using at least 6 machines...the Omega however..didn't make the cut........

Paulz-ny Wrote:
> This guy just wont give up!!! Go start your own
> forum and toot your own horn with your videos all
> u want.... We saw all this with u when u started
> your righteous Blisstool campaign not long ago.
> Now its the vistas whats next?? Why dont u
> (Barryny/love2detect) post vids or discuss other
> detectors besides vistas...oh thats right you sell
> those my bad. Let it go. Paul
mymachineis best Wrote:
> I saw plenty of video those guys make using at
> least 6 machines...the Omega however..didn't make
> the cut........

Lemme guess, "somebody" got an omega and there is a video in the making already.... who cant see this coming from a mile away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 09:25PM by silversurfer.
mymachineis best Wrote:
> I saw plenty of video those guys make using at
> least 6 machines...the Omega however..didn't make
> the cut........
>
> Paulz-ny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This guy just wont give up!!! Go start your own
> > forum and toot your own horn with your videos
> all
> > u want.... We saw all this with u when u
> started
> > your righteous Blisstool campaign not long ago.
> > Now its the vistas whats next?? Why dont u
> > (Barryny/love2detect) post vids or discuss
> other
> > detectors besides vistas...oh thats right you
> sell
> > those my bad. Let it go. Paul

So what are u saying? Anytime somebody is selling a paticular brand and there videos are shall we say advertisements for their paticular brand an objective person would take it with a grain of salt! Where did u come from and what do you swing. Paul
Just one quick question are the coils that false like crazy and the plastic pots standard on the 900 dollar vistas or are they just an option
Yes Paulzny,Unfortunatly somebody will allways try to make a buck in selling his own mother.It Started with the same videos and gold chains with a Blistool.Now with an other brand and this forum is now invaded with Vista detectors.Many of us have given up being interested in beach detecting.The videos are so fake that they are a joke.Just ask the the number of year of experience of the maker!
Yes ,he is a sponsor of his own forum but just read his annoncements about the Blisstool.Dont you you dare to say anything about the deep tech.
LINK DELETED
(PM Sent)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 12:19AM by waterhunter.
OMG... spring and nice weather can't get here soon enough!!!

You guys are going nuts on here. Holy crap get over yourselves! What happened to discussing things and taking some corrective criticism to improve your detecting ability? Nobody is 100% right here and nobody is 100% wrong either. We all live across the world and love to dig. Aside from a few people who hunt together, no one's soil conditions are all the same. Heck, even Tom says his results are in his "Florida inert dirt" as a disclaimer... meaning "your results may vary". Geez..... please knock off the freaking bickering and let's talk about what you may have figured out about your new unit that just might help someone else enjoy the hobby.

Tom please instruct Wally that any post with a video showing a comparison between more than one detector will be deleted. This bickering has to stop!

"We now return you to your regularly scheduled program."

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
Ho well Barry an other pseudo.WHAOUH.40 years of detecting very impressing.Everything is on the net and recorded no need to discuss further.
March 15, 2013 12:59AM
Buy it now and they will give you version 3.0 free I believe upon release...

But if the version 3 comes out then the machine is going up 100.00 I hear with it installed...

One thing I might add ..Is if you are getting the DEUS for I.D ..don't expect it to be extremely accurate...Not like the etrac...

The DEUS' forte first and formost is unmasking in iron...

It is extremely light though...and Etrac is not LOL!!!

What we need is Minelab to finally figure out that light does not mean poor quality...I think the Australians are just rugged people...Crocodile Dundee proves that...I can hear Him now ...that's not a detector this is a detector...While he pulls out a 20 pound WW2 mine detector...

But seriously Xp has proven lightweight and low voltage does not sacrifice depth or quality...could you imagine a explorer or sovereign in a DEUS Pod...I think it's very doable...it does not have to be wireless just be light...

The DEUS wireless is really not that important to me..I actually leave the pod on the pole...a wire would not bother me ran to the coil....probably save a lot of money too!! But maybe not?? might be easier to build wireless?

Keith
Ho well,
I am ready to beleive your credentials.Give us some name so we can check to who we are talking too.Starting with:
LINK DELETED
LINK DELETED
(PM Sent)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 01:11AM by waterhunter.