Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How much longer can this hobby survive utilizing the shallow liimits of low power magnetism

Posted by mcgov51 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Every time I watch a sport fishing tv show and watch them using a fish finder . . .
Which works like a charm in salt water and . . .
ID's non-conductive moving objects (fish) by notable size differences and . . .
Defines other anomalies beneath the surface and on the bottom . . .

Makes we wonder? How hard have the MD Manufacturers really tried all there years?
For the most part ( ML excluded ) what we use has basically not changed in 60 yrs.
In spite of the invention of such things as Computers, MRI, CAT,Lasers, Night Vision . . .

Just makes me wonder . . .
Government limitation on amount of power allowed has limited what is available in the detector field. New tech must be developed or most manufactures will not try to develop a better tech unless there is great financial gain available.
In the future a detector will not report with sounds and numbers. It will have a picture of what is under the coil just like a fish finder and depth will be much greater. Ground Radar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 01:05PM by CTX3030.
Here is an old post, my 2 cents, : I see a machine in the future that alerts you through tones or VDI of a target. After you pinpoint it, you pull a trigger, the MD transmit is interrupted and a minature GPR kicks in and you get a digital image on a screen with enough resolution so you can tell the difference between a coin, tab or a gold ring. Screen will also offer overlays of target depth, size and other selectable data.