Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Now I want to leave my edge digger home! Just watched the non destructive recovery video. Thanks tom!!!!

Posted by mountainjack 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I think if I walk into a local park with my craftsman shovel. It might turn more heads than I do now with just the detector however once I dig a target or two and move on and the haters of the hobby move in to access the damage so as they can report it to the city.........wow what a shock. No damage. Thanks tom I'm gonna use this method soon as we melt some. Might even set up a vidcam to catch the reactions when the holes can't even be spotted
Good luck on that...perception...diggin holes with a big old shovel...the sidewalk supervisors are going to go crazy.
Yeah, I echo the above posters thoughts. I ONLY use a shovel in the woods. You can dig the neatest, most proper plugs using a shovel in a park or similar place, but, I just think it appears god awful. I'd stick to a lesche, garden trowel or probe in busy crowded places winking smiley
I have to agree. Tom's use of the shovel proves it is the best method, but visually, park attendants would go absolutely ballistic if they saw you doing that.
Perception is reality. I can just see the city council meeting "there are people with metal detectors digging holes with shovels in the park" just before detecting gets banned in yet another town. The video will be of you digging with a shovel, not the fact you left no mark.
Although most all of us would do a great job of repairing the hole, it's the pusshead that see you digging with a shovel and figure they can do it too, then not properly repair the hole... their actions will get ordinances passed preventing detecting in parks and such.
I would like to think most people myself included are open to constructive criticism but criticism can just take a flying leap, I think its sad that this is such a hot-bed issue that results in name calling i think everyone knows who this poster is! By the way it is a small garden/relic shovel used with discretion not in downtown/ parks.I would like to thank Nasa Tom for tackling such a hot blooded issue no one else would have had relevance.If you want to argue please read the laws of logic and try to treat people with respect especially on their forum?
Hmmm, read the posts and read them again and I am missing the name calling part. And the original poster specifically said local park.
Wow??? Confused! If you mean my post, well if that offends you, .... I think we where just giving oponions on what the people walking their dogs, etc see when a guy is using a big shovel vs. Being discreet with a lesche.
It is very possible i read between the lines wrong on mountainjacks post i thought he was fanning the flame(of recent forum disturbance) i am sorry if mistaken? Steve look at post above mine you will hear newbie with shovel among other things.Ray not offended just stating my perception wich is a word that comes up often. Shultzie not angry at you either(understand where your coming from) i respect your opinion along with everyone else, don't want to argue want 2 extend some grace here (looking 4 some myself) and back out of here with respect. HH

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 05:53AM by rapidroy7.
rapidroy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is very possible i read between the lines wrong
> on mountainjacks post i thought he was fanning the
> flame(of recent forum disturbance) i am sorry if
> mistaken? Steve look at post above mine you will
> hear newbie with shovel among other things.Ray not
> offended just stating my perception wich is a word
> that comes up often. Shultzie not angry at you
> either(understand where your coming from) i
> respect your opinion along with everyone else,
> don't want to argue want 2 extend some grace here
> (looking 4 some myself) and back out of here with
> respect. HH

I took it at face value, meaning he felt that a regular/small shovel would draw more attention/raise some eyebrows to what he was doing until they seen the lack of damage caused by said shovel... then they would not be offended/upset. I don't believe there was malice in the post. As far as my post, there is always one person out there that thinks the world owes him something and the rules or courtesy don't apply to him.
Shultzie Ive broken many rules in my life the world owes me nothing all are forgiven, no bad reports here: with all due respect you show me where I wasn't courteous or broke the rules i will apologize if needed?
deathray Wrote:
> Good luck on that...perception...diggin holes with
> a big old shovel...the sidewalk supervisors are
> going to go crazy.

indeed! much ''chatter" on your methodology!
and then,the "dreaded" phone call! bye! bye!
schultzie Wrote:
> Although most all of us would do a great job of
> repairing the hole, it's the pusshead that see you
> digging with a shovel and figure they can do it
> too, then not properly repair the hole... their
> actions will get ordinances passed preventing
> detecting in parks and such.

this is ''dead nuts" accurate!
rapidroy7 Wrote:
> Shultzie Ive broken many rules in my life the
> world owes me nothing all are forgiven, no bad
> reports here: with all due respect you show me
> where I wasn't courteous or broke the rules i will
> apologize if needed?

No, no, no... Not making any accusations here, just a point. Wasn't referring to you or anyone specificly. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Excuse me please Schultzie, think it's me thats not clear at times. I really like this forum and everybody on it! Need to carefully read the post and carefully post a response if i have something to contribute.It's a brand new day and i hope the BEST for all! HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 04:40PM by rapidroy7.