Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Omega 8000 Video....

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Omega 8000 Video....
March 21, 2013 12:01AM
I dont think the Disc mode is effected by ground Bal...
[www.youtube.com]

Keith
Re: Omega 8000 Video....
March 21, 2013 12:22AM
No help here with GB question but is that the unit you mention awhile back that has the internal grounds tied together to help with EMI issues? I want one but where I hunt the one I had was so erratic that I had to let it go.
March 21, 2013 01:51AM
I await yourDetech EDS test Keith.
March 21, 2013 05:34AM
Range buddy falls on weak battery and is not stable, you should know. !!!
Coil 10'' is worth nothing.
you compare to other coils.
If you want to do something then do it right
[www.youtube.com]
17CM
20 CM
23CM
30CM
Reduce (GG) causes a small range of the coin LOL
Not long to make a reliable test vs Omega Smart and Gold! Head to head

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 05:51AM by Denari.
March 21, 2013 06:51AM
I know the 10 " coil is weak I mention in the video the 11" bi-axial will start to hear the 10 " dime...

I will show that eventually please give Me time...

My battery is not dead/weak. 2 hours old........

I like the Omega very much for certain hunting situation's...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 06:59AM by Keith Southern.
March 21, 2013 10:46AM
Denari
If you want to do something then do it right

!!!

Is the 10" concentric coil so much cheaper to build compared to the 11" DD? I wonder why that coil is still offered on the Omega.
March 21, 2013 01:18PM
I sold my Omega as it didn't live up to expectations and hype on the web. Had both coils.
Gave it a good three four months detecting in different Northern and Southern Canadian soil conditions.
Terrible in trashy iron junk filled sites. At those sites it was easier to hunt with it in all metal mode and listen to the tones.
Really fatiguing..............In trash free open areas, or places not effected by EMI it was manageable. Actually found the
Fisher F5 to be the better machine and the ID Edge right behind it. But, neither could surpass the depth of the umax Tesoros
I had. Just an added note when coin hunting here in Canada, modern day clad is nickel plated steel. Which adds another dimension
to the meaning of trash............................So the VLF detectors that are working best for me are the older non Umax Tesoro models.

It's too bad really tried hard with the Omega as well as with a Delta.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 21, 2013 02:10PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> My battery is not dead/weak. 2 hours old........
>
had three bars of battery life. it is after 8 hours of walking
March 21, 2013 03:21PM
I have been looking for a 5 inch SEF coil for my F5 as shown in the video that was posted by Denari. They don't seem to be carried at any stores in the USA.
March 21, 2013 03:55PM
All I did was make a video for people to see with that coil...I will then make another video with some OTHER coils...to see the difference..

Give Me time to do other's

I do what I can when I have time...

I will leave my coils on for the test though ..Not take them off

Keith
March 21, 2013 09:56PM
That machine picks up a lot of depth with the SEF Ultimate coil on it too. Don't worry, I got blasted by folks accusing me of my battery of not being full either when I did a video or two with the Omega. Some people you just can't make happy no matter what. Exactly why I don't do videos anymore. Let 'em figure this stuff out on their own dollar.
March 22, 2013 03:10AM
Gotta love it when your trying to help and people get pushy.
March 22, 2013 01:43PM
((( Keith: no good deed goes unpunished!! )))

Battery voltage does not matter....... as these detectors (and nearly all modern metal detectors) are 'voltage regulated'.
Check the manual
March 23, 2013 02:26PM
The Omega manual instructs you to ground balance in AT mode and then switch to Disc mode if desired.

From the manual:
How to Ground Balance your detector: Ground Balancing procedure with the “Gnd Grab” touchpad.
1.Turn the detector on and select AT(Auto-Tune) mode.
2.Sweep searchcoil across ground to find a clear patch of ground with no metal present.
3.Rotate SENS knob to point where you hear a slight background hum.
4.Press and hold the GND GRAB touch pad, and pump coil over clean ground. (Note: pump coil from within 1” of ground to 6”- 8” above ground) 5.When the ground value “settles down” to only one or two numbers in variation, release the GND GRABtouch pad while still pumping the coil. Note that the Audio Response to the ground changed and “Evened Out” when you released the button. Also note that the Ground setting changed. After balancing, you can hunt in Auto-Tune... or return to Disc Mode

It also goes on to state that you need to return to AT mode to manually adjust and fine tune the ground balance.
Re: Check the manual
March 23, 2013 09:58PM
It ground grabs in either mode...I have tried it both ways and for some reason the disc does not exhibit behavior of the ground bal changing fully for the disc mode even when changed in all metal and flipped back into disc mode.....

Keith
March 23, 2013 10:35PM
Keith i noticed on my omega if the ground balance is not correct in disc mode the id #'s will be a little different then when its properly ground balanced. For example a dime is usually 84 but if the gb is a little off it might read 86-87. That usually tells me i need to re ground balance again. Thanks Paul