Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Always a first...(off topic)

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Always a first...(off topic)
March 23, 2013 01:56PM
At close to 75 got my first ambulance ride with my heart pumping 220( like running a marathon while laying in a stretcher)....got home last night after a weeks hospital stay after testing, electric shock to get it back to normal electrically all my numbers are good and will need some new meds and outpatient treatment. Hopefully its just an old age thing where your heart gets out of whack electrically and the new meds will keep my numbers in line. Sort of really changes your perspective and makes one think of one of Fred Sanfords big one. Really missed the forum and one wonders about the new hunting season but always a bass boat I guess...even though I would be scanning the shoreline for new hunting areas. I really now can understand some of the problems of forum members(from knee replacements,bad backs and open heart invasive surgeries) and hope the new meds work. All in all feel great and at least will be swinging locally and wish all the best in the field...
Re: Always a first...(off topic)
March 23, 2013 02:24PM
Hello Dan glad to hear your doing better! Take care hope 2 see you around here a long time to come! Keep your dreams alive, all the best & HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 05:15PM by rapidroy7.
March 23, 2013 03:00PM
Hi Dan, Glad you are ok, maybe that shock will make your detector work hotter you think? Glad you are ok , just don,t over do it. Flintstone
March 23, 2013 03:25PM
Called tachycardia....glad ya caught it in time....stay active....do what ya can....gettin' old is not for whimps....lol....gl and hh!!!
Great news Dan,
March 23, 2013 03:51PM
always thought you were younger than me, I'm 58, you sound like your younger, love reading and learning from your post, so keep them coming, and with all the outside activities you do, you got many more years to go, great news again smiling smiley
March 23, 2013 03:54PM
Hi Dan,

Glad to hear you're back home feeling better, By all means take the new meds and do what the doctor orders.

I can relate to that first Ambulance ride it sure does bring things into perspective, had mine 28 years ago and still to this day keep my priorities in order.

Maybe not so much in your case but must people push the envelope with health, Neglecting the signs our bodies are telling us and as terrible as this sounds sometimes a trip in an ambulance is what it takes to open up our eyes.

Thanks so much for letting us know, Keep the hunts nearby always carry a cell phone.

Welcome back Dan,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2013 03:55PM by Old California.
March 23, 2013 04:25PM
Good to see you feeling better Dan. And no matter how many Tesoro's you use to me you will always be Dan,Dan,The CZ Man!
March 23, 2013 04:41PM
Hey Dan glad you are O.k...

I had super ventricular tachycardia (SVT) my whole life till I was 18...

Mine would beat 240....just watching tv or even sleeping..

Never bothered me till I go to be 18 or so then it started making me feel dizzy....

what starts it is a skipped heart beat that everyone on the planet has...then a short circuit ensues till the circuit is broken and normal rythem is restored..like the electrical shock you got....
I could stop mine by bending over and coughing ..thats the way to interrupt the heart signal for a second...if it ever does it again give it a try it worked for me back then..

I finally had My heart 'mapped' out when I was 18 at Emory University hear in Atlanta...The found the spot on the surface of the heart where an extra node (nerve fiber) had grown....then used a process called ablation to stop it..which is like making a scar tissue an also burning the node in half...

It was strange they laid me on a table and went in through both groins and in my neck and left arm with catheter's took about 7 hours but they controlled my heart and found the spot that was the trigger point then burned it did not have to put me to sleep ....I am now 43 years old and have never had another episode since I got off the table that day..and that was a quarter of a century now...

One good thing is you know you have a strong heart to beat that fast...And most types are not life threatening either..I knew an woman who used to live in my neigborhood who was 96 who's did it and she had it her whole life and she stopped it with the bend over and cough when it started...

till the late 80's the did not have the means to surgically fix it ...

you will be good to go with med's..I took those for a couple of years in my late teens and it controlled it but I did not want to take med's so I got it fixed.

Doctor told me back then millions of people are suspect to it ...its just when and where will it happen..the skipped heat beat will usually trigger it though..

And no one alive does not have skipped heart beats..it's just when it it all aligns ...it could be early or mid or late life....it could be once or everday and all point's in between...mine did it about once a month till I got older then it was was weekly episodes...

Stay active and dont worry about it...all is good...

Keith
March 23, 2013 05:32PM
Dan, I think about you often. I enjoyed our talks on the phone. Glad that things are under control. I felt worse in my 40's, things just started to hurt a little more, In my 50's things started to get stiff, Now in my 60's everything is just numb..... Spring is coming and that means a new beginning, It will for you too...

Stay in touch

Tom in SC
March 23, 2013 05:54PM
Good to hear you are well and home. Its good to have those dreams. Keep detecting.

Keep the Lord with you, God Bless,
Rick N. MI
March 23, 2013 07:01PM
You'll get that licked Dan. You'll be kicking your heels once the weather turns nice....hang in there bud.
March 23, 2013 07:29PM
I am glad to see you are doing better Dan, hang in there!
March 23, 2013 11:25PM
Dan
Haven't talked to you since I got the cz70 from you. Have not done as much as I would like to because I have been running back and forth to Pensacola to see my Mother. She has been in the hospital since Dec 12 with conjestive heart failure. She is doing a lot better {especially for a 90 year old] Hopefully coming home from rehab next week. Will keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself and God bless
Ken
March 24, 2013 12:21AM
Dan,

Glad to hear everything is ok and you are getting back to normal. Take it easy but when you get the OK, get out there (but take it slow to start). It's always cool to see you post your thoughts and your adventures in detecting land.
March 24, 2013 01:51AM
That's scary Dan! You must be doing something right, first ambulance ride in 75 years. I truly believe the key to longevity is staying active in the outdoors. Take care of yourself my friend! Ray
March 24, 2013 02:34AM
Glad to hear you are back home & feeling well Dan.-----You are a true gentleman and an asset to this Forum & the m.d.ing hobby.-----At 74, I have yet to take my first ambulance ride but one never knows.----At our age, we can still be active, we just have to know "moderation" is a key word.----Patsy & I will hold you up in prayer.--------God Bless, Del & Patsy
March 24, 2013 02:38AM
Glad to see ya doing better.
Corey
March 24, 2013 03:50AM
Glad to hear you got things taken care of, Dan! God bless!

Steve
March 24, 2013 04:49AM
Hope you don't ever have to go through that experience again. Get rested up so you can get a fresh start this spring! Take care...John
March 24, 2013 05:25AM
Sounds kinda frightening, Dan. Glad to hear that it could be treated with modern medicine.

Stay on the forums and continue to share your wisdom.

HH
Mike
March 24, 2013 06:00AM
dan! plenty of time left to "pop" that indian ten!
happy to hear you are feeling better!

regards!
j.t.
March 24, 2013 01:07PM
Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers and imagine will learn more in the weeks to come. This one really snuck up on me as was feeling fine and all my medical numbers were really good....anyway wish all of you and yours the best in 2013 and hope your next find is a first perhaps an old coin or perhaps a shiny ring or belt buckle as certainly been a long winter...