Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

After market coil for AT Pro

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
After market coil for AT Pro
March 23, 2013 01:56PM
Looks like a deep one, at least in air tests. [nelcoil.com]
Re: After market coil for AT Pro
March 24, 2013 12:05AM
Interesting!
March 24, 2013 01:18AM
Makes you wonder where they found the connector's....I know Garrett does not make them but they are probably custom made for them in China...Cant wait to see what Garrett says about this...

look's deep...

I have wanted a bigger coil for the AT for open area's...I have a feeling witt ground bal manipulation it will be really really deep

Thank's for the post

Keith
March 24, 2013 02:59AM
I believe one of the Tech's at Garrett told me that they were made in Malaysia.

That Coil looks pretty sick! (as my Kid's would say..)

Cheers,
March 24, 2013 01:24PM
That is sort of what I've been waiting for in the Garrett line. I liked the AT Pro pretty well. It has its quirks but I liked it over all. The big thing I didn't like was the coil size...the stock coil on the thing is too small for my liking for covering a lot of ground in a big field or open woods. That coil may be the ticket right there; would love to see one working in the actual ground. I couldn't understand a word they said in that video but I'm assuming their measuring stick was in centimeters...and thus most of those targets were registering in the 35-40 centimeter range...which would bring it to 15-17 inches. The first thing they ran by the coil hit at about 45...which would be 17 inches. Not bad but it's still just an air test....have seen a bunch of machines air test awesome but in ground, didn't even reach half of what they could air test. And yet for some reason, I've seen them not air test worth a flip...and in ground, just blow you away. The GPX comes to mind for that...air testing it and you would think it's nothing and most any good VLF could keep up with it. In the ground...not even a fair comparison lol It would be like putting a drag racing car up against a guy on a scooter in a race.