Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD or T2 LTD

Posted by Whimpster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD or T2 LTD
March 27, 2013 04:58PM
I'm currently running a Omega 8000 and a G2.I'm looking to add another detector to my stable...so it's a toss up between the F75 ltd and the T2 ltd,both run deep.... which would be the better all around detector for the price and options.... and why?
I like the Teknetics line of detectors...but haven't tried any of the Fisher products yet.
Re: F75 LTD or T2 LTD
March 30, 2013 08:55AM
Hey Whimpster, Tom said, "ln a nutshell.......... the F75 LTD is a bit deeper than the T2 LTD." He also went on to say that the T2 is similar to the G2 on high conductor coins. My partner runs the regular F75 and I the regular T2. His seems a bit more noisy/sensitive. He has taken to running 85 sense at our wooded sites where I run flat out. So, when all is said and done, our signals sound the same.
Neither of us notch anything, but that f75 feature may be important to you.
The f75 back light is a cool feature though.

I read that the only technical difference in the manuals is-
1-Basic Sensitivity: 5 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity) on the T2, 6 x 109 on the f75

2-Lag Coefficient: 70 milliseconds on the T2, and 78 milliseconds on the f75

I have no idea what these mean haha but maybe you do. Good luck!
Re: F75 LTD or T2 LTD
March 30, 2013 04:28PM
Biggest difference I see from a practical perspective is the T2 has more resolution in the ferrous discrimination range. For relic hunting or sorting heavy ferrous trash I assume it old be the better choice. I hunt gold nuggets and use the F75 and have been happy with it for that use.

F75 & Gold Nuggets

Steve Herschbach