Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ5 needs work, where to send?

Posted by beastdig 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ5 needs work, where to send?
April 07, 2013 01:12PM
I've got an older CZ5(metal arm cuff) that I bought used and need to have fixed. The needle doesn't move to show the ID, but it does move to show depth when you pinpoint. Also the pinpoint button is touchy and some of the knobs are cracked. The knobs seem like an easy fix if I can find out where to get them. For the other problems I was thinking of sending it in to Fisher, but Im worried they might mess with it and turn it into a ''First Texas CZ''. I don't know if that would be the case, but if it is I would rather deal with my current issues than end up with a shallower hitting machine.

What do you guys think is my best option?
Re: CZ5 needs work, where to send?
April 07, 2013 01:15PM
Call Fisher and speak with Felix. Then send it to him. Build a little relationship with him over the phone and you'll be all set.
April 07, 2013 03:23PM
Agree with Mr. Rebel....heard some good reports on Fisher and talking to tech's if my CZ6A went down I would not hesitate....
Reading between the lines I think the innards of new CZ's have a lot to do with issues and of course your unit being old has the depth capabilities with old innards.
Heck even our moderator can't get the superior depth out of some sent to him so that must tell you something...too bad he only calibrates them and does not carry parts and fix other issues as that would surely be the way to go....
April 07, 2013 03:59PM
knobs will not be the same if replaced! they no longer have them in stock and will replace them with cz3d knobs.

the issue of fisher using new calibration standards is still up in the air! I have heard good reports and bad. I would really like mike scott to read this thread and clear up this long running question.
I know they are more than capable technicians but I don't know if there is a new, faster, less depth standard being used.
chuck.
wjs
April 08, 2013 12:39AM
You could always call Keith Wills at Broken detector. I know he repairs them too (or did the last time I talked to him). I have not had much luck with fisher repair. Kind of hard to get ahold of and dont return calls when messages are left. That has been my experience anyway.
April 08, 2013 03:37AM
Thanks everyone. Guess I will give FT a call a see what they say. WJS, thanks for the tip about Keith Wills. I will check him out as well.
April 08, 2013 11:09AM
I agree to call & talk with Felix, then send it in. I would not consider sending it to the other mentioned person.
April 09, 2013 10:25PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"You could always call Keith Wills at Broken detector. "

Yeah. He does great work. : \