Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got my butt spanked today/ PIC Added further down

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got my butt spanked today/ PIC Added further down
April 07, 2013 10:26PM
Me and brother in law hunted a old early 1800s town site.Nothing there but brush and pasture now.We had hunted it a couple times before and found some indian heads and one v nickle and one sheild.
Well today he found a seated dime,a Barber dime and a 1854 gold dollar.
He was using his trusty 1265X that he had been using since 1990. He is good with it. All three finds he called me over to see what i got on my CTX. The seated coin came in at 12-43 and the Barber was a solid 12-44 both right at 6 inches. The best thing was he had them both nailed as silver dimes at 6 inches.
The Gold dollar he was not sure about other than he knew it was 3' or so deep. The CTX gave a solid 12-11.He dug it a there she was in all her glory.
I have pictures but dont know how to post them.If some one will let me know how i will get them up.

Also this is his 2nd gold dollar.The last one he found was in 1985. Goes to show you that a man that knows his machine can do wonders.
Pac Man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 11:43AM by Pac man.
Re: Got my butt spanked today
April 07, 2013 10:48PM
Excellent finds for your brother in-law!

To post pictures you need to upload them to a picture hosting service like photo bucket or the like and then copy the code to insert in your post here that will allow for the pictures to show

hope to see pics of the finds!

HH
April 08, 2013 12:37AM
I don't see the correlation to proficiency you are aluding to here.
By your implication if a man catches a foul ball at a baseball game he would be a better fan than you.
April 08, 2013 01:16AM
Sounds great...

Congrats on the gold coin!

If I may heres a tutorial I did for uploading photo's

[www.youtube.com]

Cant wait to see the coin
Keith
April 08, 2013 01:33AM
Lets face it....luck or the lack of it sure plays a part in the hobby....but the nut behind the wheel sure seperates the men from the boys whether it be old or new units and knowing your unit and where and how to swing it equates to more and better finds. Hard to judge on one hunt but 3 to 0 especially with these quality finds is sure a one day spanking any way you look at it...but of course next time may be different...but tip of the hat to his brother in law and guess who bought supper....
April 08, 2013 01:52AM
Woo hoo!!!! A Gold dollar!!!!!! Sounds like y'all had some fun today!!!!! Man...that Gold dollar is a monumental find!!!!! Congrats!!!
April 08, 2013 05:23AM
Pac man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me and brother in law hunted a old early 1800s
> town site.Nothing there but brush and pasture
> now.We had hunted it a couple times before and
> found some indian heads and one v nickle and one
> sheild.
> Well today he found a seated dime,a Barber dime
> and a 1854 gold dollar.
> He was using his trusty 1265X that he had been
> using since 1990. He is good with it. All three
> finds he called me over to see what i got on my
> CTX. The seated coin came in at 12-43 and the
> Barber was a solid 12-44 both right at 6 inches.
> The best thing was he had them both nailed as
> silver dimes at 6 inches.
> The Gold dollar he was not sure about other than
> he knew it was 3' or so deep. The CTX gave a solid
> 12-11.He dug it a there she was in all her glory.
> I have pictures but dont know how to post them.If
> some one will let me know how i will get them up.
>
> Also this is his 2nd gold dollar.The last one he
> found was in 1985. Goes to show you that a man
> that knows his machine can do wonders.
> Pac Man

guy knows his detector,and he had decent depth and clean coin hits on all three targets
he passed his coil over them,and not you!..that's all.! way it goes!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 08, 2013 10:05AM
Maybe i worded my post wrong or something. I was happy for him,he is a really good guy and hunts hard for his age. I am aware that the gods were with him yesterday but you canot take away the fact that he knows how to hunt and has many,many silver coins and CW relics to prove it.

We did find some other coins and a lot of lead bullets and some shell cassings that need cleaned up. I found a IH penny and a wheat but dates are mostly gone.
I also watched him dig a 9" IH penny but the date is gone on it also.

The place we hunted is actually the edge of and old indian trading post. The main part where the stores and main buildings were located are across the fence aways but the land owner refuses to let anyone hunt it. Man i would love o cross that fence.

Anyway i am going to watch the video that Keith posted and see if this old man can load some pictures.
Pac Man
Re: Got my butt spanked today/pic added
April 08, 2013 10:46AM
April 08, 2013 12:22PM
Wow. Spectacular!
Congrat's to BOTH of you! Quite the reinforced education for both of you......... and all others.
And this should get both of you to re-think hunting tactics.
Re: Got my butt spanked today/ PIC Added further down
April 08, 2013 12:37PM
Great digs!!!
April 08, 2013 12:50PM
Very nice finds - that gold dollar looks REALLY nice!

Thanks for sharing!
April 08, 2013 01:00PM
What a beautiful coin...excuse me, I mean beautiful coins!
April 08, 2013 04:29PM
Hard to beleive the kind of shape the gold coin is in.Must have been droped real early in its life.
April 08, 2013 08:44PM
Very nice indeed!!!
April 08, 2013 10:31PM
Wow !! That's a pick me up.
April 09, 2013 12:36AM
12-11 is exactly where a gold $1 will hit.

Next time perhaps it will be you with the gold coin under the coil.

Don't think great finds are necessarily related to knowing the machine, though not knowing the machine would be a large negative. Great finds are probably a factor of 'expectation'. If you expect to do well - you do well. If you feel like you'll never get anything good - guess what, you probably won't. The Ace 150 would have found the gold if it had been put over the target. But if the operator doesn't bother to dig and thinks "ah, probably another pull-tab", well, that attitude will leave the finds pouch empty. Experience in finds yields confidence which yields a positive attitude, which yields finds (which is a self-reinforcing loop).
April 09, 2013 06:59AM
Great finds no matter which way you look at things. Beautiful gold coin! Contracts on all.
April 09, 2013 10:19AM
Real money.