Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2nd detector,which one?

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2nd detector,which one?
April 11, 2013 12:11AM
I have a CTX 3030 and it has a home without any doubt. I am now thinking i want/need a 2nd machine that will cover most of the situations that the CTX may fall short on. This will be the last detector i plan to buy as at my age i do not see me ever needing another.

For personal reasons i am not really intrested in the Vista line.

As info i live in east Texas and most of my hunting will be in Texas , Arkansa and OK with mostly mild soil conditions.

So what do you guys sugest?

Any replies will be appericated and respected.
Thanks
Pac Man
Re: 2nd detector,which one?
April 11, 2013 12:32AM
The last one I would suggest would be a F75ltd or Techetics since they go to the same place for service.
AT Gold maybe just because of the State.
April 11, 2013 12:44AM
AT-Gold or AT-Pro if it was me deciding!!
April 11, 2013 01:25AM
What will you be hunting for with the machine for the most part? Coins? Relics? Both? And where - Water/beach? Fields/homesites? Parks? Etc.?
April 11, 2013 01:47AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What will you be hunting for with the machine for
> the most part? Coins? Relics? Both? And where -
> Water/beach? Fields/homesites? Parks? Etc.?

Well seeing as I have the CTX any water or beach hunting as well as parks are covered. Coins and relics , fields and old homesites would be the most hunted places I would say.
April 11, 2013 02:31AM
Why do you want a second machine?
April 11, 2013 02:36AM
Since you are in the Minelab family, check out the X-Terra 705. Light weight, quick recovery, tone and visual ID. I have one ( along with an E-Trac, lots of CZ's, water units, etc.) and I am liking it more and more. With the coil options it has, and how they dictate frequency and what one is optimal for your specific application ( ie, silver coin hunting, relics, gold prospecting), it is a really good unit to have in the stable in my opinion.

I love using the smaller coils on it. Can hunt all day long due to it being really light weight using them.
April 11, 2013 06:09AM
Same here X-terra 705 with small coils is a joy to use.
With the small HF coils it will find very small stuff, prepare to get a Profind 25 as the garett propointer will not pinpoint these small finds.
I was out on a field with the 10x5" HF coil and it put same kind of targets in the pouch as the XP GMP 18kHz.
Everthing has about the same approach as the CTX.
WIth a fair selection of coils, expect to pay a little less than the CTX.
It handles high spec ambient noise reduction headphones without any problem.

XP Deus with small and large coil.
Treat yourself to those high dollar headphones "very comfy" and use the remote control as a programming tool. Stuff it in your pocket.
CP6 chef phones are decent ambient noise reduction.
It is foremost a relic hunter, but can be used for coin shooting.
Very fast in Iron and likes loose soil.
Coils, unit, headphones,... expect to pay a little less than the CTX.

HH
Johnb
April 12, 2013 12:44PM
What you have is a slow heavy one so would suggest a light fast one to cover all bases.

Don't have a prayer rel hunting conditions in your home state but a local dealer or perhaps club members could clue you in as what works best in a fast light unit in your neck of the woods..