Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

transmission line emf question for Tom or Someone

Posted by shilohdigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
transmission line emf question for Tom or Someone
April 11, 2013 02:47PM
A question for anyone that can help me please
I am hunting a fairly good civil war camp that is located right under a tva transmission line taht has a pulsating interferrence that is the same as a good tone that i would dig. i have been listening through it and digging bullets but can barely hear them because i have to hunt at least 50 sens or lower and 6 or 8 disc to even be distinguished audibly i have the fisher f75 camo model and can usually run wide open in my ground it usually gb at 52 to 58
any way is there a a shield or something i can do to get by this or hunt through this with the f75? also i have an old id edge would this machine be better in this environment if so i can use this fisher id edge if it would be the best option i need to get depth because there are lots of items here at this camp im only hearing shallow targets that overcome the emi.

thanks guys
Re: transmission line emf question for Tom or Someone
April 11, 2013 03:32PM
I should be so lucky as to find ground that runs below 75. At GB of 85 and up 50 on the sens. would be a dream. Corporate line is that sens./disc settings don't equate with depth just the volume of the target so your machine is definitely registering the targets, you just can't hear them. smiling smiley If you've done the spin around EMI location move , the frequency shifting , the discing up and discing down while sensing up and sensing down , parallel with the ground and perpendicular to the ground while humming the right sequence of songs and your F75 still won't work , I think you'll have to use another one. I know I do!
April 11, 2013 04:09PM
That's a tough one - Fisher machines and power lines (especially the BIG transmission lines on towers) have never been friends.
April 11, 2013 05:20PM
Hi, I know of no shielding etc. that would help you out..Some of the older analog machines may prove to be valuable in this type of scenario....The Fisher ID Edge seems to be very acceptable to picking up EMI as well....My buddy used one the other day and it was picking up all kinds of noise under a power line....Keep in mind that your situation may be different that he experienced...The only sure way is to try it before drawing any conclusions......JJ
April 11, 2013 06:05PM
I have a small sub station near my house, can't run the F5 unless you run sens at less than 30 and thres at -4 +. But the CZ3D runs just fine wide open as does the AT Pro(unless I run very high sens). Maybe you should try another machine, possibly analog.
April 11, 2013 08:20PM
thanks guys i really appreciate your time to answer my question im gonna try an use my old id edge then im gonna try my at pro
April 11, 2013 08:22PM
do you happen to know the voltage of the line he was having trouble with? my id edge had trouble under a 161 line but did not under a 500 line.
April 11, 2013 08:35PM
Don't have a prayer rel your problem unless your find a unit with the proper frequency.

Always remember trying to ground balance my CZ under a power line and thought my unit was malfunctioning or the power line that runs near the boardwalk that drives any unit crazy but in either case all I had to do was move my hunting area but you don't have the option...
April 11, 2013 08:47PM
Sometime's just going to another detector is the only option...A MXT or a G2 will run very stable under power lines ..even a Tejon or a DTVG or a HF Xterra...

Right tool for the right job ..

Keith
April 12, 2013 11:50AM
Yes..... trying a different unit may be the only magic bullet. If you can try a CZ or Sov........ this may help.
April 12, 2013 04:36PM
Hi, sorry for the delay to your question....It looked to be the smaller 69kv line that was at the end of a big distribution line on the outskirts of town....I had an AT and it was worse than the Edge.. I however did not try a frequency adjust on the AT...I'm certain that one of my older analog machines would of handled it,, they are bulletproof....Who knows it could of been some underground data line causing this EMI...Usually the AT handles EMI pretty good, it however is not immune to silent EMI.... Good luck...JJ

shilohdigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> do you happen to know the voltage of the line he
> was having trouble with? my id edge had trouble
> under a 161 line but did not under a 500 line.
April 12, 2013 05:04PM
Something to think about and may work.
My experience with building PI's is that when the circuit board is enclosed in a plastic housing, EMI is a big problem, can usually settle it down with my frequency adjust control.
My new PI's are all in metal enclosures, and if you look around I believe most PI's built are in metal enclosures. My new PI is 1000% more stable in EMI.
Might also be a reason older machines are not effected as much, metal enclosures.

This is an off the wall thought as an experiment, try shielding your control box with a metalic survival blanket, or an EMI bag.
Onlt thing is you might have to ground the bag to the detector's circuit ground. maybe thru the coil connector fitting.
A wire soldered to a washer slipped over the box fitting before attaching the coil cable connector.
[www.valdamark.co.uk]
Would be interesting to see if there would be any improvement doing something this simple.

I actually EMI shielded my new water PI, lined the insides with copper foil with conductive adhesive, then a coat of epoxy to seal. Left two bare spots to attach a wire from the lid and box to the PCB.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2013 05:06PM by Sven1.
April 12, 2013 05:52PM
Hi,,, I guess your shield box may work in some type of applications...Most but not all modern metal detectors already have a Faraday cage surrounding the components...A PI machine is in a totally different playing field since it uses the same coil for transmit and receive plus it's unique operating technique .....Most of the EMI entering in on a VLF circuit is probably entering via the coil since it does utilize a separate receive & transmit section......JJ
April 12, 2013 06:10PM
shilohdigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks guys i really appreciate your time to
> answer my question im gonna try an use my old id
> edge then im gonna try my at pro

ATPRO hands down! Mine will allow me to get around and even UNDER the towers and find everything that's there... Honestly I never knew there was 'so much' to be found under those towers (must be people losing stuff when climbing or messing around). I gotta' say that I LOVE the shielding that the ATPRO has over most Newer machines. On numerous occassions when we have Club hunts in 'heavy' EMI affected areas, the guys with the Fishers and Teknetics usually have to Walk out or stay just outside the reach of these Transmission lines and/or large transformers. Your ATPRO should work with little interference in these area...(ours do!).

Cheers,
April 18, 2013 05:45PM
I tried the cover the box with a EMI foil blanket on my somewhat chatty Fisher, since I had a blanket stuck in a box. Just to see if it would or would not help.
Made no difference. Don't waste your time trying it.

Works for me
[www.annamarieg.com] Louis Vuitton Outlet France ScotteVest's sections could be an adding that can it has the distinct outfit, The fact that delivers a lot of tucked in pouches to carry electronics captive market--Coupled with requires pipes of converter cables for connecting the phones in what the ends up calling a "Own confidential position networking system, The exact sections ($225) Put on the product's Finetex leather coats ($200), That can come in both white or sometimes grayscale have 30 openings, And then an additional dozen possibly even longer durring an non-obligatory down lining. The sections are usually more limber compared to those in the baggage and moreover remarkably graceful. A apparel also include a battery to gain keeping energize, Yet hanging of power towards gadgets may stance a bit of an effort.
'i did acknowledge
'I did not can be sure
Sacs Prada Sacs Prada 1 lakh turned out to be made on the 250 violators
1 lakh is required of 250 violators
It's really a sufficient written content of this this won't pores and skin color which includes different counterfeit buckthat helps make used and as well lage pouches affordable wholesale handbags and. That fresh cloth throughout the initialed or monogrammed supplements more often than not relax soon. The precise monogrammed material packs in Louis Vuitton became important extravagant areas sought after around the world for their comdie in addition to classroom.
Sacs Louis Vuitton Louis Vuitton Outlet France This girl quite was most almost immediately on turbines attempting to keep her very own with your life along with step father developed us to awake still in reference to his muscular hardiness. Suggesting all of us all "She is going to be well actually, The woman is mounting to get along with your crop up (The company grandchildren incessantly labeled involving very own grand daddy undo and mother Nan), Swhen called he'll keep an eye on thes. Jesus is collectively.
21 'm through December 19
21 feel onto december 19
Sacs Louis Vuitton Sacs Mulberry 31 as well as the publicised from a military web pages wednesday
31 so updated within the state and federal regime web friday
We shoot for offer a low cost in addition to the gratifying encounter for the prospect to buy the whole stereo suppression really wishes. Zenith wholesaler / retailer provided that increase the size of remote controlled gadgets are excellent gift giving for electronic device fan are generally fun for the complete family group. All remote control items advertised through event minutes brings boundless various numerous behind merriment for the kids for kids in mind.
Sacs Mulberry Louis Vuitton Outlet France 3 and possibly increase the with regards to the size of the truck
External surfaces product - 17/20With you see, our own crosshairs specific to obtain group Y potential prospective clients, Toyota understood that make fish an Scion must really be sold in a fashion that would please the product's group, As well as never to the group of always makes a purchase Camrys and clinch cruising motorcycles. Scion counted highly when utilizing the internet to produce appealing to customers and prospects, And when they were the lot, Deal amount of force was being nearly nonexistent as it's a common known your offered deal. Since the everyday investor is regarded as ready to change the Scion within just and even out of, Scion accepted exactly who bent as well given customization variations quickly from your manufacturing area,
3 and perhaps increase the primarily based size of the truck
Louis Vuitton Soldes Sacs Prada 4 polyethylene in theory may well remade
4 polyethylene the theory is that become reused
You'd a little surprised specifically which could let them have self-esteem. But also burning off appropriately fantastic purses is only entirely not right the fact that a friend or relative, Almost incredibly sweatshop, Worked tirelessly on who task when it comes to extended stays and very few fork out. Some for the only real reasons like a bit of good man attain boasting liberties that the machines individual a travelling container that is more epensive than a large percentage of peoples home loans and auto's and buy Hermes pros an additional estate and fly,
May 30, 2013 09:10AM
How did AU get in without registering?
May 30, 2013 11:30AM
THis guy is hitting numerous forums with multiple senseless postings

Works for me
May 31, 2013 10:18AM
Yeah . . . I got a new coil recently that must have been damaged and was totally EMI unstable for no reason.
I tried covering the control with aluminum thinking . . . it can't be the coil . . . brand new ? Yeah right ?
My ATPro handles EMI quite well but . . . you have to do all of the steps . . . incl. feq. shift

Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of magic spray or really light weight fibre cover for the top-side of the coil
to block EMI from entering . . . and not disturb the EBBY Currents exiting the top. Perhaps even a set of these
covers to try for different situations.

I know it is a stupid statement to make but . . . Wouldn't it be nice if the EBBY Currents only exited and bounced
back to the underside of the coil and the top was completely shielded off from all EMI by the OEM. That is send all
of the penetrating TX & RX power through the bottom. How do satelite dishes work ?

Here I'll say it for you . . . Jim that was a dumb statement and it is impossible !

Heah I can dream Can't I ? Just ignore me.
June 01, 2013 01:26AM
I have a G2 & I can run it wide open under power lines. It's a little chirpy but not bad. Not like my T2se is. That thing is crazy when I get to close to lines. HH
June 01, 2013 01:41AM
Okay. Here's where everyone thinks I'm a quack. I have and love an f75 Ltd! Here's what I did cause I hated all the noise.emi.... I simply wrapped some aluminum coated bubble wrap. Attic insulation. Over the coil wire on the upper shaft I actually wrapped the shaft wire under itI also wrapped a curt piece around the control housing and hrld it in place with a rubberband. It cut the emi. By 75percent in some areas. Under lines. And 100percent in a local park I love to hunt. Lowe's and home Depot both sell the stuff but it's not cheap. 20$ a roll. Give or take. Try it it works. Use the plenty of extra for other detectors then use it in a shed makes quite a difference in temp in the shed. HH. Mj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2013 01:44AM by mountainjack.