Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

i love everything about the f75 accept........

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
i love everything about the f75 accept........
September 24, 2009 08:58PM
the audio/tones. hi all i am a long time lurker and have only posted occasionally. i have a problem.... i love the way the f75 was designed it is the most comfortable detector on the market to swing and i love the display including the backlite.
my problem is i cant handle the audio/tones, in order to get the clearest/fullist audio you have to turn up the sens which also makes the detector unstable. even with a setting of 60 sens and the detector being stable and the audio being acceptable i still cant handle all the chirps,squeaks and clipped audio
i do have about 30 to 40 percent hearing loss so maybe thats the main problem??
i also use a cz20 and i love the simplicity of the audo and i run it in audio boost mode giving me loud, clear, and full audio ..no chrps,squeaks etc.. do i like it better because its analog?
any advice would be appreciated on any detectors out there that might be better suited for me. omega 8000? older cz? minelab xterra 705?.........please help!!
thanks, chuck
Re: i love everything about the f75 accept........
September 24, 2009 09:03PM
Chuck,

Welcome,

I would stick with the F75.....but run the Sens around 50 or 60. It's still quite deep with this Sens. Run some Discrim; maybe around '10' or '15'. Use F1-F7 freq change to mitigate some EMI.
The F75 'lights-up' more targets than nearly all other detectors; subsequently, 'sounding' like it's excessively noisy.
September 25, 2009 12:44AM
Good explanation.
September 25, 2009 02:24AM
This machine is a different beast and when I tried the CZ3 again I said to my friend you are not hearing enough information. It just locks on the target. You have to get use to the noise in order to hear the mono tone jump out....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!