Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pretty neat metal detecting finds show

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Pretty neat metal detecting finds show
April 19, 2013 02:11AM
50 of the best finds by the general public with a metal detector in Great Britian....

Episode 1
[www.youtube.com]

Episode 2
[www.youtube.com]

Episode 3
[www.youtube.com]

Episode 4
[www.youtube.com]

Episode 5
[www.youtube.com]

Episode 6
[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy!

Keith
Re: Pretty neat metal detecting finds show
April 19, 2013 07:19AM
There's a second series due for screening soon. The first series caused a boom in sales of beginners detectors, according to UK distributor Regtons. And a definite influx of newbie members to UK detecting forums.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 10:40AM by Pimento.
April 19, 2013 01:22PM
Ought to give the U.S. manufacturers an idea or two to increase sales...Could be positive or negative for us oldtimers....Negatives are newbies invading parks with poor retrieval techniques...postives are lots of used machines hitting the classifieds as many may try the hobby but only a few stay with it...
April 19, 2013 03:29PM
I think these new users think they can strike it rich by recking our areas we hunt so the hobby maybe getting more sales but not in a good way for the hobby here in the States.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 19, 2013 07:40PM
So far I only watched one episode, but I thoroughly enjoyed it...Thanks Keith!
April 21, 2013 04:41PM
Thanks Keith...very interesting. Sort of puts to shame some of our more "greedy" types of programs in the U.S.

Joe
April 21, 2013 07:44PM
Yes Joe thats the main reason I posted it up...

the Shows seems to be in a more intelligent shall I say light....

I Dont think I heard one BOOM BABY or saw a single guy running across a yard an sliding like he's stealing home plate..LOL!!!

I know the show has time constraint's and they dont delve deeper into each find as they could but it's still very encouraging to see the finds shown in a positive way and also with the understanding that great knowledge has been gained from the FIND itself....

We need a more positve detecting persona to be shown here in the States to the American public and Achaeologist....

I would like to see the program broadcast here in America on Discovery or something at least to give some exposure to the positive attributes if detecting ...As it stands now the show will slip under the American Audience's radar...

Keith
daz
April 23, 2013 03:52PM
Nice...thanks for the links, I'll be watching those all shortly!

[www.cmrelectrical.com]