Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bit the bullet

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bit the bullet
April 24, 2013 12:09AM
Well after a lot of thought and research I ordered my XP Deus today. Between it and the CTX I should have most of my hunting bases covered. Anxious to get it and put it to work.
Pac Man
Re: Bit the bullet
April 24, 2013 02:46AM
I swung my CTX today. I have been swinging dues for around 3 weeks pretty regulary. The CTX is a tank after you get used to deus. I have a funny feeling your CTX will be sitting a whole lot in the coming weeks. And some say the back phones are junk. I disagree. Just today I swung the CTX for a short while at 9AM this morning while wearing full headphones. The sun was shining and I'll tell you the sides of my head got pretty warm and the outside temp was around 62 degrees at the time. The backphones for me are the cat's meow for the warmer times of detecting. Plus I have a better chance of hearing a rattler rattle when wearing the backphones versus the full ear cup phones. You can sure cover a lot of ground with the deus with little muscular effort, a real joy. Boy an etrac or CTX set up the same ergonomically as the deus would be a bone crusher coin detector and they would sell like hotcakes. Let's sit back and and see which detector manufacturer is the first to provide something as joyful as the deus to swing. My money is on Fisher. And what about those blasted Minelab engineers. They need to get a clue and White's too. The silly box on the white's machines doesn't allow you to even anchor the detector close to your hip for a pivot point from which to swing, hence the pivot point is too far from your body, thus not as comfortable to swing. It makes me wonder sometimes if they even give any consideration to the actual handing of the detector and listen maybe to their inital prototype field testers. A metal detector should be outlawed to be sold if it weighs over 3.2 lbs total with stock coil. You are in for a real treat with your new detector.
April 24, 2013 10:49PM
Do yourself a favor and get some ear buds for the CTX. Hooked into the wireless unit they sound great and are very comfortable.
April 25, 2013 02:02AM
I'm interested in wich one will draw more dust? The CTX or the Dues, i don't own either but if it were me it would be the CTX, compressed Dues looks like the Star Trek Enterprise, could hunt in the day and fly her at night!Beam me up Scotty! HH
April 25, 2013 05:46AM
Night and day in more way's than 1

Good luck...hope you find some nice stuff...

Keith
April 25, 2013 12:14PM
I have several old mid to late 1800 home sites just waiting for its arrival. Most nail infested spots i have seen. I have wittled out a little with the CTX but i know there is more there to be found.
I run the CTX with a wide open screen in some nasty places that would drive most crazy but two of these spots it is near impossible it is so bad.I doubt that anyone has ever hunted these spots much because of the trash being so bad.
Time will tell.
Pac Man
April 25, 2013 12:45PM
Congratulations!

It won't hurt to own the most advanced detector today.

In my opinion, the Deus set the standard for all to follow. Don't look for these innovations in design to go away. It would be very silly to be telling my grandkids: "Yep, back in the good ol' days, we used to swing wireless detectors that weighted next to nothing, collapsed to a 2ft length, and were lighting fast and powerful, but thank goodness we stuck to the heavy, non-fully wireless, and expensive detectors!"

Pinpoint twice, dig once
April 25, 2013 09:07PM
There is a place for the CTX.
It is called winter rainy day miserable cold detecting.
Mud everywhere!

Or just some fun at the beach.

HH
Johnb
April 25, 2013 11:37PM
Heck Scoop I think there are at least a couple of other places.
April 26, 2013 06:01AM
Yep, ... sure are!

You won't be dissapointed with the amazing Deus Iron handling skills.
Those new headphones really help you work the tonal differences better,... and with a major Deus following in the US coinshooting game.
Well I wouldn't be amazed if an update didn't adress a few of those key features.
Hey they'll probably fling in that gold prospecting program, over here you can buy a Deus Gold with only the gold prospecting program on board.

Anyway get ready for an early X-mas.

HH
Johnb