Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wow!!! Would you pay THIS for a nickel?

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wow!!! Would you pay THIS for a nickel?
April 26, 2013 10:42PM
Re: Wow!!! Would you pay THIS for a nickel?
April 26, 2013 11:35PM
I'll never look at a V nickel the same way ever again.
April 27, 2013 12:46AM
If I had that much money I'd retire! Forget the nickel....
April 27, 2013 12:01PM
sailorman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I had that much money I'd retire! Forget the
> nickel....

I agree!!! Heck, for $3.1 million, my son can retire, and probably my future grandkids, too!!! Lol

Fantastic back story though, look it up online winking smiley The only way this saga can get any better is if...

Somebody found this coin while metal detecting...in a tot lot...with an Ace 150.

ROTFLMAO
April 27, 2013 12:28PM
Amazing. What I don't get is that the article basically says the coin was at one time (or still is?) considered a fake.

I guess if you have a lot of money and want to invest it out of dollars (see gold thread winking smiley) you invest in something unique. ehheh

Albert
April 28, 2013 12:54PM
Albert, no one is going to pay that kind of money for a coin that might be fake.

You'll see in the first picture that the coin was certified by PCGS, so it's authenticity is guaranteed for the value of the coin. Yes, PCGS is on the hook for over $3M. The little shield also indicates that the coin has gone through PCGS's Secure service: [www.pcgs.com] . That's an interesting read of itself.