Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

We Need Rain!!!

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
We Need Rain!!!
April 27, 2013 10:51PM
Ground is SUPER dry & hard here in New Jersey. Haven't had a good soaking rain in weeks. Nothing in forecast for coming days either sad smiley

Anyone know how to do a rain dance?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2013 10:53PM by njnydigger.
Re: We Need Rain!!!
April 27, 2013 11:50PM
No rain dance, but it's raining in Virginia.
April 28, 2013 12:07PM
How many buckets do you want, we have plenty......
April 28, 2013 12:17PM
Brutal digging! Rain is about normal here but is on a weekend schedule.
Re: We Need Rain!!!...and more rain!!!
April 28, 2013 04:49PM
Try living in a state that hasn't seen much rain in a couple of years. Our South Texas ground is like digging in concrete. I have actually bought a chisel to bring along on my hunts! Makes one want to go to the beach just to hunt without getting blisters every time out. Hope you get the rains you need soon. Keep us in mind down here too!

Charles
Re: We Need Rain!!!...and more rain!!!
April 28, 2013 06:31PM
Charles (Sabre)(Tx) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try living in a state that hasn't seen much rain
> in a couple of years. Our South Texas ground is
> like digging in concrete. I have actually bought
> a chisel to bring along on my hunts! Makes one
> want to go to the beach just to hunt without
> getting blisters every time out. Hope you get the
> rains you need soon. Keep us in mind down here
> too!
>
> Charles

I've heard that from others before in your parts, Charles. You guys do have it bad in TX. We might not be in exactly the same boat here, but, I know all to well how you feel. You normally can't drag me away from hunting most weekends, but, I threw in the towel early both yesterday & today out of sheer disgust. First weekend with no silver in about two months, so, can't complain too bad, but, frustrating to be out and have everything reading 6+ inches and it turns out to be shallow or junk. Lack of rain can play funny games on a detector.

Here's hoping BOTH of us get some heavy rains soon smiling smiley

Joe
April 29, 2013 12:41AM
Hi,, It's crazy in MI. we have an abundance of rain,it's actually to wet and the iron is talking very loudly in my headphones...I have only managed to squeeze out a few badly injured Injuns but no silver yet.....I will offically start my season May 1st, I'm hoping it will dry out some...I agree that the right moisture content in the soil spells success...You need enough to may the silver etc. talk good but not too much to make iron the most prevalent sound you hear....Last summer I was home bound most of the time because of a drought,I did not want to do any turf damage ....Best of luck on your rain dance.....JJ
April 29, 2013 02:11AM
Give a prospecting pick a try
April 29, 2013 02:32PM
Isn't crazy how it goes? We finally got a break from the rain here and the sun is full out. Hoping it will dry up a little bit.

Pinpoint twice, dig once