Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is the Eurotek Pro the NEW unit that we have been waiting on??

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is the Eurotek Pro the NEW unit that we have been waiting on??
May 05, 2013 12:47AM
I have been saving some cash, waiting for a new unit from Teknetics or Fisher Labs. Is the Eurotek it? Is there anything else coming, like....on a grander scale? Not knocking the Eurotek Pro as I don't have one yet. But I will go ahead and buy one if nothing else is coming. I know that this is troubled times in which we live. I have all but given up the sport. I DO have a couple of knew places to hunt. I am borrowing a Fisher F75SE with 5 inch coil from a good friend who is not needing it right now. Also have an F5 with 11 inch coil. Just have lost the pizzaz for the time being.
Re: Is the Eurotek Pro the NEW unit that we have been waiting on??
May 05, 2013 01:36AM
(((No)))
May 05, 2013 02:13AM
That is awesome. Thanks for the answer.
May 05, 2013 11:34AM
Yea Haw.............
I might add, I read somewhere that Dave J.with Fisher Labs was not involved with the development of the Eurotek Pro.
May 05, 2013 03:59PM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea Haw.............
> I might add, I read somewhere that Dave J.with
> Fisher Labs was not involved with the development
> of the Eurotek Pro.

Wow!!! That must be George Saad (did I say that right?) or another one of the guys. I am only speculating. But that IS interesting. That means Dave is busy elsewhere in the plant with another project designed to work in bad iron, and bad EMI, yet have a true boost mode, and ground balance. It will be light weight, just above mid-priced units (price wise)/ be waterproof, and have a container to hold fragile buttons and what not. (I'm just cutting up as I wait for the new unveiling).
I don't even have a unit of own anymore. I am borrowing a F5 with 11 inch coil that I sold to a guy who NEVER gets out of the house. The other guy who let me borrow his F75 SE with 5 inch coil came by and got his unit last nite. Like I told him, I have used it for a grand total of 30 minutes,,,,IF that. I am slowly sliding awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.
But I'll be back when more sites are found, new units arise, and new fire burns in my breasts for this hobby, There is a time for everything under the sun,
May 05, 2013 04:34PM
Ummmm...too much info regarding your breast Kevin, haha. J.k. with ya!
May 05, 2013 05:38PM
LOL!!!!!! I have been reading some 1800's classics and the male writers speak alot about so and so beating in their breasts etc etc. LOL I promise that I don't sport male boobs. I'm a skinny feller.
May 05, 2013 06:25PM
Haha, your too funny bud!
May 05, 2013 06:30PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> (((No)))

Hi Tom

is that a BIG resounding "no" as to -

no - the Eurotek Pro is not all there is going to be/the end??

OR

no - they don't have anything else coming out on a grander scale??

Hard to decipher what "no" means when 2 questions were asked with total opposite answers needed on one or the other! lol
May 05, 2013 08:09PM
Please allow me to give my Shield Two Cent coin's worth. I think that NasaTom answered the question in my title. When ya look at his post,. you see this: "Re; Is the Eurotek Pro the NEW unit that have been waiting on." And then, NasaTom's answer. At least, that's how I took it. But, you could be right M.R.Hunter. I never thought about that. Maybe NasaTom will clarify the answer.
May 06, 2013 01:22AM
MRH........ the former.
May 07, 2013 02:14AM
I'll be a tester!!!! Pick me! Pick me!!! I'll even pay fer it.
May 08, 2013 04:20AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> (((No)))

Anyone care to speculate on how much longer we'll be waiting?
May 08, 2013 11:02AM
It is Spring in the Northeast... a great time to launch a new machine...
May 08, 2013 12:07PM
Ben78 Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > (((No)))
>
> Anyone care to speculate on how much longer we'll
> be waiting?

Every opportunity I get (like this one) I encourage First Texas to NOT rush this detector out the door. Do the proper field testing and try to get it right the first time.

Steve Herschbach
May 08, 2013 12:09PM
Correct!
May 08, 2013 12:29PM
If I were a speculator, I'd say somewhere around 2015......likely the fall of that year, And THEN, that is a VERY conservative figure. I am sure that tweaking this and tweaking that comes at a price of time.
The Europeans just flat out beat us. We were designing tot lot machines when the Europeans where designing the XP GMP and Deus. Seems like the Deus didn't follow behind the GMP too far. I must be wanting to chat about something this morning (and something that I don't know much about, at that) because the I can no longer get excited over the very thing that used to fill me with wonder. I thought about getting a Minelab CTX3030....but I fear that as soon as I get it, and use it five or 6 times, that I will sell it as a major loss, and that the person who gets it, will be another one of those real picky kind that looks units over with magnifying glasses, so ya can't spend the cash ya got for selling it unitl they send an emali saying that they are satisified (which is half the time).
But the unit I get will have to make some old sites come alive again and FBS technology MIGHT be the thing that does it. But it WILL HAVE to beat the Etrac. I could NOT use the Etrac at about 80% of my sites due to too many old nails and such. Two Tone Ferrous didn't help a bit. But I admit that Keith has got my ears perked up about this unit. If I don't like it, they seem to sell quickly.
May 08, 2013 03:42PM
Selling my E-trac wasn't a happy experience.
I agree about the magnifying glasses.

Since then I'm into collecting finds and units ;-)

HH
Johnb