Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Waiting for something to pop

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Waiting for something to pop
May 09, 2013 03:22PM
I guess like a new movie we are all waiting to come to the big screen some of us are waiting to see what is going to come out next that will add a number of years to our old and new hunts. I guess those that still hunt better just learn the machine you have even better and dig more iron because you never know what you may find in the hole...I have a lot of time before I hunt again and when I do I will be strong and be able to really spend more time with the iron sound I will run into. I may have to wait till next year maybe by then there will be a couple of new machine for us to write about.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Waiting for something to pop
May 09, 2013 05:02PM
At least on a new movie coming out they tell you when you can see it. Not so with detectors it seems.. Fisher has gone way past the( any day) thinking as far as i am concerned. The new cz seems down the road , that is if it even happens....
May 09, 2013 10:59PM
lowboy, how are you? where are you as far as your recovery goes?

im waiting and hoping the new fisher/first texas product or the new waterproof whites, or....???? will be a real improvement on whats available now(new and old), and able to beat the performance of a cz or aquastar II.

you do whatever it takes to get better real soon!!!! im praying for you!
chuck.
May 10, 2013 10:17PM
Well, whatever Fisher (or someone else) comes out with, it will have to be better than my modded wireless CZ6a which Tom is converting to CZ3d. No one seems to come out with a detector that can beat the CZ's so I just started modding mine to get what I wish they would do. Only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get the iron volumn mod to work. I like to keep all my mods internal instead of hanging on the side of my detectors, or I could just go with a dedicated EQ of some sort.

There's a member here that says he has two (TWO!!) CZ3d's that do not false on iron. Would like to find one of those in a CZ6a! Wonder what the difference is? Maybe he should send Tom one of them and see if he can pinpoint what's different about them. I'd sure pay some $$ to get my CZ6a/CZ3d to do that!

Wonder what I should call my detector after Tom get's through with it? Wireless CZ6a3d? C6Z3d? 6a3d? CZ4d?

???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2013 10:18PM by connortn.
May 11, 2013 12:16PM
Wouldn't it be something if Fisher could identify the parameters that minimized CZ iron falsing, redesigned the hardware to fit on a surface mount board and put the electronics in a F2 case? Heck, keep the original 8" concentric coil too!

I'd be the 1st in line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 11:35AM by go-rebels.
May 11, 2013 01:05PM
Speaking from experience all units have their plus and minor features and CZ's do iron false but thru time in the field and experience it s quite evident and nature of the beast.
Heck I dug more iron with an Explorer and an iron false the majority of the time is easily determined and rarely dig any iron but then again over 20 years using this beast should have learned something.
Indeed a remake CZ that is light and has a 1-100 meter is on my wish list but plenty of good detectors around(well learned) should serve us well and we all have our favorites..
Had a good scare recently testing my immortality so get well my friend as our thoughts and prayers are with you...
May 11, 2013 03:21PM
Hey Lowboy, you gettin close to a huntyet? Let me know, hell even if its only an hour, ya know it will be good to get out.