Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why were the 1021's hot?

Posted by Robert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why were the 1021's hot?
May 11, 2013 02:28PM
I've searched and can't find the answer. If it was just calibration then Tom could make the new ones just as deep. If it was physical components why would they have changes parts?

Could I get an answer if you know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 06:38PM by Robert.
Re: Why where the 1021's hot?
May 11, 2013 07:15PM
Tighter tolerances on components, tighter calibration standard, different alignment procedure (supposedly they have gone back to the old procedure), just to name a few things. There are forum members here that are more knowledgeable than me, maybe they will chime in.
May 11, 2013 07:27PM
I have used both the new and old Fisher rel the CZ units in general and never found much difference, however a lot of fellows were not as lucky...getting poor depth on the newer CZ's not 1021's...( in air tests)

As Tom can not promise a major depth increase no matter what CZ he tunes I would imagine the new Fisher may be using parts from a different manufacturer or for that matter
all CZ's parts or various parts used in conjunction with each other may be the culprit...

Am sure Tom will give an expert answer on this one...

And for what its worth some units will not air test to be depth demons but still get super depth in the field where it counts..
May 11, 2013 07:35PM
Never saw Beach's post when I typed mine out and he sure worded it much better than I....thru research understand a female tech from the old Fisher really turned out some super hot ones( CZ5's) but don't have a prayer what the ser. #'s were.....
May 12, 2013 12:13AM
Components maybe but calibration and alignment would be taken care of by TOM , so still not answered.
May 12, 2013 03:46AM
Components and how they jive with each other rel their tolerances is still open as a possible answer however...otherwise Tom could make any CZ top shelf rel depth and from his posts some just aren't capable...
May 12, 2013 01:33PM
Dan, I'm guessing you have to right. ????
May 12, 2013 05:58PM
Correct. Mis-matched hardware that is unable to attain the desired gain.
Re: Why were the 1021's hot?
May 13, 2013 03:11AM
Robert sorry only have an older Fisher model CZ...none from the new Fisher.....but have used both with approx. the same results....
Re: Why were the 1021's hot?
May 13, 2013 03:17PM
I think it has been answered.