Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics EuroTek Pro Reviews Or Contemplations

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Teknetics EuroTek Pro Reviews Or Contemplations
May 17, 2013 06:50PM
Hi,,,I know the dealers have had these machines in for a while....I was wondering if anyone has a review or an opinion on it, because I have not heard much of anything on this machine....Thanks....JJ
Nice machine and much better around EMI
May 17, 2013 07:19PM
I've had one for about 3 weeks and I bought it with the standard 8 in. coil. I already had the 11 dd, and the 5x10 dd coils for my Omega. I've hunted directly under powerlines without falsing at all (my Omega will not hunt at this site because of the EMI). The 8 in. coil also has a beefed up cord which should hold up much better than the original 8 in. It is a dandy little cherry picker for coins. I haven't used it for relic hunting yet but for coins and jewelry it is alot of detector for the money.
Re: Teknetics EuroTek Pro Reviews Or Contemplations
May 17, 2013 08:46PM
Thinks I like about the production ETPro……
• I liked the whole package experience.
• I like hunting low conductors with it in iron trash.
• I like the recovery speed.
• I like the IRON led. You got to pay attention to it though. Is it flashing because the target is round iron, or is it flashing because there is an iron object under your non-ferrous object. I experienced many times where an iron object under the non-ferrous object was flashing the LED.
• I like the simple and large display.
• I like the memory feature.
• I like the volume control.
• I like the VCO tone for low and middle conductors and the Saturated high tone for high conductors. I wish this set up was on the Gold Bug / G2.
• I like the tone/discrimination change when Disc is maxed out.
Things I don’t like
• I don’t like the ferrous/non-ferrous cut off point being down in the low iron tone. The ferrous/non-ferrous cut off should match the tone.
• I don’t like zinc cents and alum bottle caps giving the saturated high tone.
• And of course I’d prefer if it had a manual ground balance.

I'll post more but I've been waiting to see some European responses. Either I can't find them or they not being made.

HH
Mike
May 19, 2013 01:21AM
I just got mine yesterday. I like everything about it ,but the when I swing it, it seems chattery. It will give many false high tone beeps as I sweep. I have checked my connections, battery, sensitivity is set very low. No Wi-FI, cell in not with me. Might be a coil issue. I am not new to detecting either, been doing this for 10 years. I need another coil to check if it is the problem.
May 27, 2013 12:09AM
Hi, anymore??....JJ
May 27, 2013 11:04AM
This comment intrigues me, Mike:"I don’t like zinc cents and alum bottle caps giving the saturated high tone"
Surely, in anyones book, these are high conductors? Plus, I assume that as the machine is intended for the European market (I'm U.K based), where coins and bottle tops are different, they chose the high-tone to indicate a broad range of likely targets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 11:06AM by Pimento.
May 29, 2013 12:08PM
Hi Pimento,
Actually, no, I don't consider zinc cents and aluminum bottle caps to be high conductors. I consider them to be the high side of the middle conductor range. Perhaps I've been conditioned that way by the US detector design and US coin conductivity, but that is how I view that range of conductivity :shrug: However it comes about I truly dislike that target range responding with a high conductor alert.

Yes, you are correct. The ETPro is designed specifically for the entry level European market and their requirements so my dislike of the high tone cutoff point is moot.

But I do enjoy the concept of the VCO response for the low and middle conductors, with a non-VCO tone for the high conductors.

HH
Mike
May 29, 2013 02:58PM
The complex-sounding audio made me download the manual for an explanation. I don't know what to make of it - it seems surprisingly complex for an entry-level machine, yet didn't appear to do some things I thought it might - tonebreak audio with iron-tone for the disc'ed out targets (use the iron volume if you want to completely silence them). As I've not used the machine, I won't speculate.

I did think a few things were worth noting, after reading up on it more:
*I like the large 88 display - this is a good thing, I could never understand why they made the Fisher F4 with a little 88 display, when the F2 had a nice big one.

*Single PP3 battery operation is good, and even on a rechargeable, the run-time is adequate. They don't say what capacity NiMH they base the run-time on. Funny they still put the 'use alkaline batteries only' warning on the front page of the manual.

*Integral Volume control is good, it always seems 'cheap' to me when entry-level detectors skip this. Beginners don't use proper volume-adjustable 'phones, they'll use hi-fi ones or earbuds or whatever comes to hand (it would be good if a 1/4 inch to 3.5mm adaptor was supplied free). And Iron Volume is good. But I can't help thinking they missed a trick. They could have implemented full volume control of both non-iron and iron, eg. 1 - 5 and 0 - 5, left digit = Non-Iron-Volume, right-digit = Iron-Volume. That's 30 possibilities: 10,11,..,14,15,20,21,..,25,30,......,55. Easily controlled. Or maybe 2,4,6,8 and 0,2,4,6,8 (20 settings), or 1-9 and 0,1,2,3 (36 settings).

*Disc range (for non-ferrous) seems a bit squashed. An iron range of 20 or 25 would be enough? And at the top end, they've done the usual thing of making the 99 reading far too high. Massive copper/silver coins are very rare, even if they made 99 represent a US dollar it would be better, but US half-dollar = 99 would work. You could squeeze more out the 88 display by using tricks like displaying h0,h1,h2,....h9 to represent h(undred) to hundred and nine, if you want to distinguish huge targets (or o0 - o9, over-range).

*On the subject of silver dollars, I laughed at the the 'Quick-start' guide. All you need is a nail, a gold ring, (OK so far) and a Large Silver Coin. This is something that most people are very unlikely to have to hand. I wonder if an aluminium drinks can would trip the high-tone?

*Re. the assembly instructions, I'm not sure that all Europeans would know what a #1 Phillips screwdriver was, Pozidriv is more common. Crosshead is the simplest catch-all term. Those clever combined flat-blade/pozi headed screws would be a good choice here.

*The Metric/Imperial depth indicator is good. I suggested this should be a feature of the new Dual-freq Fisher in one of the threads on this forum.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2013 12:57PM by Pimento.