Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D Top Handle Mount or top shaft pole complete - Where to Buy?

Posted by wolfau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D Top Handle Mount or top shaft pole complete - Where to Buy?
May 22, 2013 05:23AM
Hi Guys I am in the process of building a straight shaft for my cz3d.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the mount that is pop riveted to the top handle?

Worse case I may need to make one.

95% of the parts have arrived so its a matter of testing the new configuration.

Thanks

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 01:42PM by wolfau.
Re: CZ3D Top Handle Mount - Where to Buy?
May 22, 2013 12:12PM
Fisher sells parts so give them a call.

PS: What happened to the original one...easily drilled out as pop rivets are aluminum...
Re: CZ3D Top Handle Mount - Where to Buy?
May 22, 2013 01:39PM
Hi Dan,

How are you? Hope your well.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to use a carbon

Fibre rod (22mm outside diameter and 20mm inside)

May need to bolt through bolts though and expand the holes.

Not sure if the pop rivet will hold on a drilled hole in carbon

Fibre.

Thanks

Joe
Re: CZ3D Top Handle Mount or top shaft pole complete - Where to Buy?
May 22, 2013 02:53PM
Joe I think you will have to use bolts...might be able to get ones thin enough at hardware supply and make sure they have thin heads to give room to slide control box over.
Once you complete a picture may help other modders in their projects.....
PS: medical test confirmed no heart blockages so I can control the electrical inbalance via meds so good to go for short trips until I get back in swinging shape...
May 22, 2013 04:18PM
If you use bolts, get T bolts, they have a very flat head, we use them in tracks for marine windshields. There is no slot for a screwdriver, but they should lock up in the depression(slot) in the mount. you might need to sleeve the hole through the rod so when the bolts are tightened the shaft isn't crushed. Dan, are they putting you on a Beta Blocker med, they work great for me, hope you get the same results.
May 22, 2013 07:47PM
Beach yep along with a blood thinner to prevent clots in case by chance it happens again...My Dad had diabetes and died from a blood clot to the brain so the apple don't fall far from the tree..Understand heart electrical inbalance quite common among the seniors but just covering all bases...
May 22, 2013 11:40PM
Thank you for the suggestions guys.

I envy anyone that has reached the age of around 65 plus. Its a big effort to get to that age having most of your health in tact.

Keep healthy and when time or health permits enjoy life and maybe do some detecting. Its an awesome hobby.

Being out there is what counts. Finding something is just a bonus.

Stay Tuned..