Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett customer support

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett customer support
May 26, 2013 01:44AM
I sent my Garrett AT PRO in for service about 13 May and received it back This morning. The things that were wrong were all my fault. I asked for an estimate but never got one. Garrett replaced a scratched screen two connector. One on my headphones the other on my coil that I bunged up tightening them up on the connectors to the box. A new elbow pad and all of this for not one red cent. I love my AT PRO and am completely thrilled with the detector and the total support Garrett gives to its customers. This is one of the rare companies around who back up their products completely. You guys deserve a medal. Thanks a million.
Re: Garrett customer support
May 26, 2013 02:46AM
Back in 1976 I had a leaky coil on my Garrett TR. they shipped a new coil no problem. Guess they haven't changed much thru the years! smiling smiley
May 26, 2013 05:40AM
I've had a couple of reasons to do Warranty and 'non-related' work (much like the OP) and I'm AMAZED at their consistently 'Top-Notch' service! Out of any company that i've ever dealt with, Garrett is 'BY FAR' the most supportive of their products. They never cease to amaze me...

Cheers,
May 26, 2013 08:17AM
My AT-Pro developed a ground balance issue under warranty. Not only did they fix that I got a new coil (I sent them all three to be checked) because one was out of tolerance, a new board and fresh batteries. Also just under ten days from shipping to return. The tech even called when he was going over my machine to let me know what he found.

Had my pin pointer go haywire with one month on warranty and received a new one back, same timeline. No complaints from me!
May 26, 2013 11:17AM
If you have NuggetNoggin on YouTube or Facebook, he is a big time Garrett guy but I think his equipment spends as much time being repaired by Garrett as it does being hunted with. It's nice and great that they fix stuff for ya...but in my opinion, the best customer service is the kind that you never need to use. There seems to be a great deal of people that have had to use it...myself included. I had a knob just snap off on an Infinium I had while turning it and the machine had less than 5 hrs use on it...my first AT Pro leaked and went crazy. The next one I bought had a bad coil on it. And had one ProPointer go bad. Considering I've not owned but 4 Garrett detectors and had problems out of 3 of those...that's not a good percentage. I've owned more Whites, Fishers, and Minelabs than anything and thus far I've never had an issue with Minelab...only had a battery charger go out with Whites (for the TDI) in which they sent me another one free of charge, and Fisher just sent me a bad ID Excel back when they first came out...the display was bad but detector still worked...they sent me a new unit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 11:20AM by Daniel Tn.
May 26, 2013 11:22AM
I had two Garrett GTi 1500's at one point. After I bought each one, sent them to Garrett to be checked over at different times. Just wanted to make sure they were operating properly.
Each one came back with a brand new coil, no charge.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 26, 2013 01:27PM
Indeed owned some Garretts over the years and got terrific service after the sale...
May 26, 2013 03:42PM
Garrett customer support is top notch. They are just some woderful people.
May 27, 2013 12:25AM
Hi, My dog chewed on my Garrett coil cable and that's what I told them when I sent it in....Guess what? they replaced the coil free of charge....Now I bought a Fisher coil and the cable started ripping apart....Guess what? they basically told me to take a hike.....Yes I have had Garrett metal detectors for decades and only one I had sent in was my AT Pro for the upgrade....All 9 or 10 of them are still going strong....This company is top notch....JJ
May 27, 2013 01:10PM
out of 7 machine I have 3 are Garretts and have always had great service from them, I also own a Whites for about 10 years now and sent it in a few times, for operater breakage, I fell on it smiling smiley and other issues and had great service from them too