Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

possibly looking to buy fisher gold bug pro?

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
possibly looking to buy fisher gold bug pro?
May 27, 2013 12:23PM
I had a g-2 and loved it but I really like the s-handle set up and looking to see if anybody has one for sale and possibly any out there got any ideas to make it water proof for fresh water jewelry hunts? would have to be the newest version please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 12:24PM by AMCJAVELIN.
Re: possibly looking to buy fisher gold bug pro?
May 27, 2013 01:14PM
To make it water proof for wading, you can buy a 10" eleptical coil with the long cord and remove the control box and remount it on your chest. I mounted mine on a hard hat so i can go in up to my nose. If you just want the S handle you can buy one from Whites cheaper and mount the G2 control box on it.
May 27, 2013 02:17PM
well I appreciate the thought but I want to be able if I have to drop it in the water I can to retrieve my target I don't like the long handled sand shovels, I know some guys have taken those plastic sandwich containers and made or built from that
May 27, 2013 03:30PM
are you looking for a G2

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 27, 2013 09:40PM
If the price is right lawrenzo, really wanted the bug pro for the S- handle set up but I would take another G-2 if the price is right and has got to be a version 4
May 27, 2013 10:56PM
Do you still want to see the screen?

Joe
May 27, 2013 11:57PM
that's another thing too what the heck would you use for waterproof head phones? and how would you wire it? I could live live without the screen but would need to able to set tones
May 28, 2013 06:05AM
I am in the process of converting a CZ 3D for the water.

Once done I will be 100% condifent in diving in the water if I need to with Betsy strapped on.

Its a 2 way waterproof system.

One consists of waterproof box upto a metre, then I have the waterproof backpack.

By the time I dive in the water and get out if the backpack leaks then there won't be enough time for water to get into the case.

Don't plan on jumping in though.

So the process to do this is easy peasy. The question you need to ask yourself is do I need to see the screen?

If you do you will need a waterproof clear thick bag used for cameras and phones with 2 cable cams PN 1002.

Its a matter of drilling the right holes into the rubber of the cable cams and into the bag. Once you have holes in the bag slip in your 2 cables then

attach the rubbers and bolt in place then swing it around your neck.

Hope this helps.

Photos will be available soon for my conversion.

Cheers

Joe
May 28, 2013 11:04AM
hey that would be great!
May 28, 2013 01:54PM
Wondering why you just don't get a AT Gold with water proof headphones?

El
May 28, 2013 03:09PM
Do you really think these are the same machines?

Joe
May 28, 2013 05:12PM
I don't know Joe. You tell me . I'm just a rookie and just asked a question.

El
May 28, 2013 06:18PM
I've ran both and i'm more at home with the G-2/gold bug pro and I think and just my opinion it seperates better in iron than at gold not by much but the AT gold is deeper in my ground then the G-2/gold bug, its a preference thing more than anything.
May 28, 2013 06:35PM
Thanks. If your interested,I have a G2 used 2 times. It has the 11" & 5" DD coils.

El