Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just Me And The Turkey's Today!

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just Me And The Turkey's Today!
May 28, 2013 03:01AM
Hey all - hunted an old 1 room school house/converted to barn out in the middle of nowhere today. Stopped at the farm house across the street to ask who might own it and the farmer said "he did" so after an introduction and a short bit about why I stopped to inquire - I proceeded to ask permission to do a little coin hunting and got the A - OK! He said "you probably won't find much though because many a man has detected the place over the yrs" (as far back as he could recollect) in his words! I told him it didn't matter to me and that I was just out to enjoy the day anyway :-) Started searching and in a few minutes these wild turkeys came out of nowhere and were following me around the backside of the school! Found a semi key date Wheat (1913-s - it's a bit crusty and hard to make out the "s" in the pic but it is there!) also found a few others (1935, 38, 42-d,) not shown but no silver, no indians, buffs or anything else worth a mention - had a good time though...

HH and hope you'all had a good holiday :-)

P.S.
Had the trusty CZ6a with me today...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2013 03:06AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Just Me And The Turkey's Today!
May 28, 2013 03:36AM
Nice,Michigan a 4 wheatie day is a good day in my book! Throw in a little turkey time , nice bonus hope you had great Memorial Holiday also! HH rr7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2013 12:28PM by rapidroy7.
May 28, 2013 05:58AM
Its Awesome to be out and about at a great location.

Its even more awesome when you find something.

Well done on your finds and keep them coming.

Joe
May 28, 2013 01:40PM
Smelling the roses is what its all about and sure helps if a goodie or two drops in the pouch. Hunted one area that many critters inhabited and almost got ran over by a deer.
Managed to get there once a year just for the surrounding and did find some large cents, indian head pennies and a few silver dimes but indeed was my day for smelling the roses...