Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab SE PRO gets the job done

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab SE PRO gets the job done
May 31, 2013 02:31AM
My buddy and I went detecting today on an Eagle's property with permission. It has a long history of different uses over the years. My hunting partner uses an Explorer SE Pro also. Right out of the box he found a 1906 Indian head penny. We hunted for about 5 hours and found clad and junk. At about 5:30 pm I dug up a 1904 Indian head penny. That was it for today. I found a Canadian dime the other day and it was a 1968 dime that has an interesting history. It seems some of the 1968 Canadian dimes have no silver and some of them have 50% silver. mine tested as being one of the silver ones based on its weight. It seems the silver dime new weighed 2.3 Grams and the non silver dime weighed at 2.07 grams. Mine was the heavy one. I bought my Explorer SE Pro and received it about 2 weeks ago. I had an old SE with the 10.5 inch pro coil but sold it about 5 years ago. I have regretted it since the day I sold it. I am happy to be a member of the Minelab fraternity once again. Good hunting everyone.
Re: Minelab SE PRO gets the job done
May 31, 2013 03:31AM
Sounds like you had a good day...

Glad you are enjoying your SE..

Keith
May 31, 2013 01:13PM
Minelab explorer series and I have used several models are sure top line silver units. Sure they are heavy but well learned produce. Tones are where its at and run what you are looking for under the coil until its ingrained in your brain tonal wise and the goodies will come. Good luck in your ventures...
May 31, 2013 04:38PM
Sweet hunt.