Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I am looking at trying something different!!

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I am looking at trying something different!!
June 02, 2013 06:39PM
I am leaning toward getting rid of my AT-Pro due to the fact that I just prefer my AT-Gold on my hunts! I may be intersted in getting another G2 or Gold Bug Pro with 13" ultimate coil for the extra depth. I ain't locked in yet on these and may consider others but something with depth and preferably 2 toned is what I am looking for. I plan on using this detector primarily as a relic detector so if you guys got any suggestions or trade offers throw them my way. My AT-Pro comes with 5x8" coil and cover only no stock coil and headphone adapter, manual and box. Thanks Guys!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2013 06:47PM by 88junior.
Re: I am looking at trying something different!!
June 02, 2013 08:29PM
Hey Morgan...

If you get a G2 get the 5x10 DD coil and compare it in real world iron unamasking hunts with the AT-GOLD using the 5x8...

please post your finding's if you get one... Good and bad...

Been there done and done it...want to see what others say!

Keith
June 02, 2013 08:47PM
I will do a test if I end up with a G2 Keith.
June 02, 2013 09:22PM
Interested in a vista gold?
June 03, 2013 01:52AM
Man, I just don't understand how so many don't use the ATPRO as a relic tool... I assume that when hunting, these 'relics' are of a decent size aren't they? Up here where I am, I get sooo tired of digging super deep chunks of metal at ridiculous depths. Of course in this part of the Country we don't have a lot of 'valuable relics' to begin with so I suppose it renders my argument somewhat moot... I suppose what I'm saying is that I consistently find DEEP, DEEP targets at 10" and better and often have to make sure that I'm not digging up 'Old Irrigation' pipes and valves and such... I once picked up a 1932 "Pyrex" brass fire-extinguisher at 16" and it pretty much blew my earphones off my head and when I hovered my coil above the target, I was picking it up a good foot or so above the ground with no problem. I've also picked up brass nipples and connectors at 10 - 13" quite easily and even Punt Gun shells at 9" - 11". Just the other day I picked up a solid signal at 15" and ended up pulling out the side of a Crosman .177 pellet gun (about 8" long).

So my question is what kind of things are you looking for or hoping to find and at what depths? I've never had the opportunity to dig any cool relics down South and would LOVE to, but again,.. I don't know what you might be looking for in those areas.

**I should also note that I normally run the ATPRO on the 'Hot Side' which definitely helps...)**

Cheers,
June 05, 2013 12:16PM
I have decided to keep the AT-Pro and purchase one of the 15" NEL coils for it to try and get more depth. Has any of you guys tried one yet? If so how did it perform as far as target separation and depth goes? I've read it makes it more chatty but heck it couldn't be any worse than the T2SE is when ran hot and in boost mode. My dream machine would be a Tom Tuned 1021 CZ3D with a 10-11" DD coil attached, but we all know that will never happen, for the life of me I don't see why they never attempted a DD coil for a CZ!! My guess is they probably wouldn't sell their other high end machines.
June 05, 2013 08:33PM
I have ran a NEL coil..They are light for the size...

not quite the quality of a DeTech coil....but nice the same...

On the CZ I have read the platform can not work on a DD...not sure if it skews out the I.D. or what...

funny the DDs on the older whites like the 5900 and such were available for awhile but did not work to well..

Minelab Musketeer worked well with a DD yet put the concentric on and it was a poor performer...

So a machine design seems to need to be able to handle a certian type coil..and I would bet an analog design is even more precise for coil type used...

probably in that the capacitance and resitance must be dead on, on the analog's to get the I.D. to perform right....

exact tuned coils are needed in the design element on certian machine's...yet a tesoro can run a wide freq range on the same coil...from 10- 14kHz has used the brown round coil 5 pin...and they also offer DD's ...

so I would think it's the exactness of the circuit design for coil availablity...

Keith
June 06, 2013 04:19AM
Yeah I really wouldn't care though about the id as long as I had the tones if you know what I mean.